2023 Open edX Elections - Candidatures

## Full name

Stefania Trabucchi

## Picture

## Title (1-5 words)

We have to continue to work inexorably on the next Open edX generation as the best learner experience platform (LXP)

## Goals summary for the 2023 term (<40 words)

A great learner experiences platform (LXP) should be used not only by university with particular needs. The platform should be a solution for corporate, HR department, Start-up, hospital or government etc. The market is diversified and flexible solutions are requested.

The learning experience we have to achieve in 2023 is a software that use artificial intelligence (AI) to recommend content to users, offer adaptive paths and strong collaboration tools to create communities and improve engagement. My vision is to provide learning opportunities that go beyond the traditional learning management system.

Last but not Least: Open edX looks old fashioned? Yes, we need soon the next generation LXP with a new facelift.

### Details

Software projects required a series of smaller goals over a long period than just one Big Bang. The Open Edx Software needs a new vision that focuses first on the most important paradigm shifts. We have too many construction sites, we run from release to release without looking at the market segments and market needs. Even Moodle and many other LMSs will overrun us if we don’t look at the essentials together. We have the time now, we have to start very soon.

## Relevant experience

• Open source community driven approach since 2002
  • Good level of scrum mastery
  • Open edX verified service partner (started in 2015) with deep knowledge in the Open edX processes (hope so!)
  • Design thinking approach to lead teams to redefine problems and create innovative solutions
  • Core contributor for Marketing and Translation Group since 2017
  • A lot of hobbies and interests (too much indeed!). We discuss it over a good glass of wine (I like white)
  • I did not study computer science, I graduated from a humanities faculty. Of course if I had to go back maybe I would choose it… I like to put my hands in the code, but I leave that to those who are definitely more competent than me.
  • I like inclusion, transparency, democracy, respect for and from people

## Time commitment

My time commitment for 2023 is 5% of my overall working time: My normal work time is 50 hours per week, I can commit to 2,5 hours a week ~12h per month.

9 Likes