2023 Open edX Elections - Candidatures

This is the forum thread for posting candidatures for the 2023 election.

As mentioned in the blog post announcing the 2023 Open edX Elections, the community is called to elect 3 members of the new core decision-making body of the Open edX project – the Technical Oversight Committee (TOC). The 3 elected representatives will seat at the TOC, along with the 3 members from tCRIL and the 3 members from 2U.

The election process is described in the TOC Community Election Charter which has been recently enacted by the TOC, after community review.

Become a candidate

If you would like to apply as a candidate for the election, please post a reply using the template posted below, in the first reply on this thread. Copy & paste it to your own reply to the current thread, replacing the contents of each section with your own answers:

Also make sure to read the TOC Charter and the TOC Community Election Charter.

You don’t need to match all the criterias to post your candidature, but you need to be able to fill any gaps by September 30th for it to be considered for the 2023 elections. Posting your candidature early will give more time to review and work out issues - close to the deadline there might not be enough time, and could lead to missing the cutoff date.

Non-technical candidates

Functions of the TOC board and of core contributors aren’t only technical. Any core contributor would qualify, including non-technical roles: there are roles related to product and project management, marketing, documentation, UX/UI, etc. The goal of the program is to recognize any sustained contribution that is useful to the community, technical or not.

Applying without core contributor status

Note that in order to qualify for becoming a TOC member, if you aren’t already a core contributor, you will need to go pass the core contributor review process, which takes about 2 weeks. In order to complete the review on time, you will need to submit your candidature for core contributor by September 12th – please reach out now without waiting though, to help prepare you.

Specialities

The 3 elected community representatives have the mission to represent the community as a whole, but with each a specific focus (operators & core community, instructors, learners). Candidates are assigned to each specific focus by the voters – in other words, all candidates apply for all seats, then the voters pick the specialty of the representatives they elect.

Nominations & endorsements

Anyone can suggest a nomination, but to ensure a “do-ocracy”, each candidate needs to be posted or endorsed by at least one core contributor or maintainer who isn’t the nominee.

If you are a core contributor or maintainer, you either nominate a candidate, including yourself, or endorse a candidate already nominated by doing one of the following:

• Clicking the “heart” button of the post(s) containing the nomination(s) you endorse
  • Replying to someone else’s nomination in the current thread, mentioning who you endorse

Schedule

• September 1: Nominations & voting registration opens
  • September 12: Deadline for applying as a core contributor
  • September 30: Nominations & voting registration closes
  • October 7: Voting opens, ballots are sent to eligible voters, nominated candidates are announced with a link to their program
  • October 25: Voting closes
  • November : Announcement of the results
  • January 1: Terms begin

Learn more & contribute

To learn more about the election organization, see the detailed planning & schedule. If you would like to contribute to the organization of the elections, reach out to oscm@tcril.org

Help reaching out to eligible voters!

We also need the whole community’s help to let all eligible voters know that they can vote. Since we are an open source project, our community is spread over many individual Open edX sites. Many instructors and TAs will not be following the news here – so if you know any, or have any way to get the news of the election registration published where users of Open edX will see it, please help!

Blog posts on Open edX related sites or educational news sites are of particular relevance. Reach out to oscm@tcril.org.

Questions & comments

If you have any questions or comments, please post them on this thread, to keep the current thread focused on the candidatures & nominations themselves.

4 Likes

Candidature template (copy & paste it in a reply on the current thread):

## Full name

Your full real name

## Picture

The picture you would like to include to present your candidature. It is preferably a picture of you, but it can be any avatar.

## Title (1-5 words)

If you had to give a title for your plans as a TOC board member, what would it be?

## Goals summary for the 2023 term (<40 words)

Focus on the program or projects you intend to work on during your term as a TOC member, for growing and improving the Open edX platform. Many of the voters won’t know the candidates, so it’s important to describe what your actions are meant to change for them (core/instance owners, teachers, learners).

### Details

Further description of your goals for your term as a TOC member, for growing and improving the Open edX platform, and of your planned projects. You can also include links or images to any relevant link or resource, including presentation or video material.

## Relevant experience

Describe any experience or skills that are relevant to the role of TOC member. It can be past contributions to the project or other open source or educational projects, but it can also be anything that will help you achieve the above goals.

## Time commitment

Roughly, how much time do you plan to dedicate to your role as TOC member, to help achieve these goals? It doesn’t need to be too precise – just a rough idea of the share of your time you intend to spend. Note that this time counts towards your commitments as a core contributor or maintainer. (in hours/month)

Quick bump of this thread, as for those who aren’t a core contributor yet, the deadline for starting the nomination process is today!

If anyone thinking of applying, if you need help or have questions, don’t hesitate to ask - either on the elections feedback thread, or ping me by email/Slack.

NB: Also, we haven’t had many Open edX instance relaying the news about the election yet! :frowning: It’s important for the democratic process to be able to reach the voters – can you help? If you don’t have much time, I’m also happy to help with the coordination or writing of the news, just let me know.

1 Like

Candidature

## Full name

Ignacio (Nacho) Despujol Zabala

## Picture

## Title (1-5 words)

Let’s make Open edX the best LMS for on and off-campus use!

I want to help make Open edX a sustainable open source project with a strong and diverse community. I also want to contribute to incorporating the point of view of the university’s platform managers into the Open edX governance and help to expand edX into being a strong contestant in the on-campus LMS arena.

### Details

I think that Open edX is the best LMS for massive online learning, but it has a lot to improve as an on-campus LMS. I want to take advantage of the financing that we have from the European Union as a seed to foster this change, and I want to make it in a way that is profitable for the broader community.

I also want to contribute to the process of transforming Open edX into a completely open and diverse open source project with a vibrant community, and I think that now we have a big opportunity to do it right.

## Relevant experience

I am the MOOC initiative coordinator of Universitat Politècnica de València. We are members of edx.org with more than 100 moocs and 3,5 million enrollments and also have a local instance of Open edX for more local courses and first runs of the Edx courses, which we have been using since we started 2014. With it we have done several experiments, creating Xblocks and other developments that we have presented in several Open edX conferences (though we have not contributed them to the core).

I was appointed as one of the initial TOC community members, where I participated in the strategy-setting meetings held during this year, and in the development of the election process of TOC community members. I will continue working as a member of the TOC until the elections are finished and the new team takes on, and I think that I can still make fruitful contributions for one more year.

I am also leading the initiative of several universities from Spain to expand Open edX with 500,000 euros of European Union funding, a project that I presented to the community at the Lisboa Open edX conference. Following this line, I am participating in the recently created “Open edX for Campus use” working group, to keep the project aligned with the broader community and make Open edX one of the best on-campus LMS.

At the moment of presenting this candidature, I am not yet a core contributor, and my application to the core contributor program is in the revision phase, so this candidature is conditional to my application being accepted.

## Time commitment

I plan to dedicate 5 hours per month to TOC activities, but I am open to dedicating more if needed.

6 Likes

REQUEST FOR COMMUNITY REVIEW :nerd_face:

We’ve created a wiki page introducing the TOC election candidates to the community. The goal: make it quick and easy for voters to select their favourite candidate and place their vote.

We would love your feedback on the first draft! Please click here to view the page.

banner-open-edx-elections-2023

• Do you think the page accurately represents the program?
  • Will it make it easier for the voter to make their decision?
  • Any other comments or suggestions?

:calendar: Please send your feedback before 28 Sep.

P.s. Don’t forget to post your candidature on this thread before 30 September. There are only 10 days left!

CC: @antoviaque @e0d

4 Likes

The election page looks great @ali_hugo ! Very friendly, succinct, and (will) contain everything we need to know to place informed votes.

Will this be posted on the open edx blog when it’s ready?

1 Like

Thanks @jill. Glad you like it!

I think so, yes. @antoviaque @e0d Can you confirm? Will the 7 Oct announcement (“Announcement: Start of vote & publication of lists”) be posted on the Open edX blog?

@ali_hugo @jill Blog posting is something that @e0d handles, but yes I believe the plan is to post all the announcements included in the Elections planning on the Open edX blog – and on as many other places who will agree to relay it as possible! :slight_smile: Including the one you link to @ali_hugo which announces the official list of candidates, and link to this page listing the candidates and their programs.

1 Like

Hi! I would like to announce my candidacy to the Technical Oversight Commitee election.

My goal as a TOC member will be to unlock the potential of Open edX.

Goals summary

Open edX is both an amazing community and a fantastic piece of software. But its growth is hampered by the complexity of the software and its lack of extensibility. I propose to resolve this issue by encouraging contributions from the community. In particular, I want to make it possible for external contributors to tackle major platform-wide changes.

Details

The year is 2022 and education has already gone through a few major revolutions: the latest one was the worldwide shift to online learning during the pandemic. Yet, the world is still missing a reliable, scalable, extensible, feature-complete, open source solution for online learning. I believe that Open edX is a great solution for online learning. In many cases it works just great. But it is not good enough, yet.

When I joined the Open edX community in 2014 the stated objective was very ambitious:

“We want to reach a billion learners worldwide” – Anant Agarwal, 2012

Back then, I thought that this vision was very inspiring, and I still do. We must strive to achieve this vision. That is why I believe that we must come to terms with the fact that there are major problems with the Open edX software that are preventing us from achieving this vision.

Here is what I believe:

• Open edX complexity makes it very difficult to operate, modify or extend the platform.
  • Contributors do not address this complexity because they have little incentive to do so.

I know for a fact that this opinion is widely shared within the community. But I am optimistic about our capacity to resolve this situation and achieve our vision to “reach a billion learners worldwide”. If I was not, I would have stopped working on Open edX already.

To address this challenge, I propose that we kickstart “major projects”. Examples of such projects include:

• Design and implement a complete (but simple) extension mechanism for platform customization (including theming).
  • Create an ecommerce/payment solution that works out of the box.
  • Simplify the Open edX production stack (bye bye Elasticsearch and Mongodb, hello Postgresql).
  • Implement a student-friendly forum solution (in Python this time).
  • etc.

These projects would resolve major issues with the Open edX platform that most people in the community already know about – in some cases, these issues have been affecting the community for years. The problem is that in the current situation, there is little incentive for community contributors to address these issues. This is known in open source software as the “tragedy of the commons”. In short: all contributors are waiting for someone else to step in and do the work. This situation is aggravated by the fact that making changes to Open edX is hard: not because of the community, which has come a long way in the past couple years, but because the software is too complex. Thus, we find ourselves in a vicious circle where complex software becomes even more complex.

To encourage third party contributors to address these challenges, I propose the following:

a. Launch three major projects at the beginning of every release cycle.
b. Grant a small bounty ($5-15k) to each major project.
c. Assign each major project to a single company or individual who commits to resolving it within six months (by the end of the release cycle).
d. When a new Open edX major version is released, the contributors who tackled major projects are prominently featured in the release notes and the various announcements.

Moreover, we will also encourage smaller contributions, such as bug fixes or the implementation of simpler features. To do so, we will create a project changelog where contributors will be acknowledged by name and/or company.

My hope is that by publicly acknowledging the contributions of individual contributors, along with small financial incentives, we can remove the major obstacles that prevent Open edX from being the best open source solution for online learning.

Relevant experience

I like to say that I am slowly working my way up the Open edX hierarchy of needs. I joined the Open edX project in 2014: first while working on fun-mooc.org, then as a freelance software engineer at Overhang.IO. In 2017 I created Tutor. At the time, the most pressing issue of the community was the difficulty of installing Open edX. Now that Tutor is the default community installation, I consider that this is mostly a solved problem. Back in 2019, I also helped Ned Batchelder kickstart the Build / Test / Release working group, now in charge of creating and maintaining the official community releases. Then, I noticed that there was no good, open source frontend theme, so I created Indigo. Later on, I decided that what the community needed most was a great, self-hosted analytics solution; it took me six months of research before I was able to publish Cairn (analytics is now also a solved problem, in my humble opinion).

As an engineer, I like to solve technical problems. While working on Tutor, you could say that I was working at the “periphery” of Open edX. I now think that the Open edX community is strong and mature enough that we can try to tackle its core issues together. If I am elected, one of the consequences is that I will work less as a software engineer, and more as a project coordinator or manager. It will be a big change for me, but I just turned 40, and I am at a point in my life where I think I can face this challenge.

Here is a list of talks I have given in the past about Open edX:

My background is in satellite imaging and computer vision. I have a PhD in machine learning. I spend most of my time in a small and beautiful mountain village of the French Hautes-Alpes, where I live with my girlfriend and her 9-year old son. Things I enjoy most are riding my mountain bike, climbing mountains, watching movies and making broken things work again.

Time commitment

I expect to be able to dedicate 2-4 days (16-32 hours) per month to the role of TOC member.

13 Likes

Thanks @antoviaque :slightly_smiling_face:

## Full name

Andrés González

## Picture

## Title (1-5 words)

Bring the voice of the community to the TOC.

Increase the value of the Open edX brand in benefit of the community. Review the internal processes to consider community priorities. Create spaces where the community can market their contributions. Consider students, authors, and site operators in the UI design.

### Details

Encourage the participation of the community in the activities to bring Open edX to the top of the LMS market.

There is a growing community of small companies or individual contributors that offer services based on Open edX. Despite their size, they can bring valuable experience and knowledge to improve the platform. Many of them do not participate in the meetings and are unknown to others. This does not mean that they shouldn’t be considered. The Community, in tight alignment with tCRIL should create mechanisms to encourage these initiatives and bring them to the core of the platform, no matter the size of the contribution. Even small activities can make a huge impact. The main reason for this limited participation is that their scarce resources are dedicated to operational activities. The Community, led by tCRIL, should increase the value of the Open edX brand, as a powerful asset to attract customers to these small organizations to help them grow. We should increase the position of the Open edX brand in the ed tech market to leverage contributors. For example, search for “Moodle alternatives” and count how many results include Open edX and, if it’s there, in which position of the rank.

Review the internal processes (e.g., product roadmap, deprecation, marketing, etc.) to consider the community priorities.

Deprecations, enhancements, new features, marketing activities have a huge impact in the customer base. Arguments like “edx.org does not use this feature” should not be enough to decide if the rest of the community is not considered. Whenever a feature is removed, a barrier is set for those who use it to upgrade the platform to the latest version.

Propose the creation of common spaces where community members can offer their contributions to the platform, like a marketplace and product directories.

There are many contribution opportunities, not necessarily related to the core of the platform. XBlocks, Tutor plugins and themes are just a few examples. The ability to market these add-ons could be an incentive to many small contributors to continue working in improving the ecosystem. Centralized spaces, like a marketplace or a plugin directory could encourage new contributors and help them get the funds to assign development efforts to increase the ecosystem.

Increase the relevance of end user experience (students, authors, and site operators) in the design process.

Students, course authors, teachers and site operators are the users that spend most of the time in contact with the platform. Most of them are non-technical people and are in the end those who evaluate how Open edX performs. Their point of view should be in the top priority of all initiatives related to the platform. Processes that require access to CLI, modification of text files or Django admin panel should be gradually replaced by options accessible from the user’s web interface. Waffle flags, JSON inputs in the advanced configurations should be replaced by more friendly options. The platform should add more customization mechanisms without changes to the code base.

## Relevant experience

Andrés is co-founder of Aulasneo, a verified Open edX service provider. Aulasneo offers Open edX as a service since 2016 to education institutions, NGOs and corporations. In addition to Open edX, Aulasneo developed Panorama, an analytics system for Open edX as well as an e-commerce integration based on Wordpress. Andrés is a core contributor and active participant of the community.

Andrés has an honor diploma in Electronics Engineering from the University of Buenos Aires and a MD in Management of Technology and Telecommunications Services from the University of San Andrés. He has 25 years of experience working in large multinational companies related to technology services. Andrés also held a PMI’s PMP certification from 2005 to 2021, as well as the PMI-ACP certification from 2016 to 2021.

## Time commitment

I plan to dedicate around 20hs per month to the TOC activities.

9 Likes

Full name

Xavier Antoviaque

Picture

Title (1-5 words)

Adopting good open source practices

Goals summary for the 2023 term (<40 words)

Push for:

• Community ownership and open source good practices

• Better transparency

• Increased collaboration on common projects, and more core contributors & maintainers time contributed

• Better communication and involvement of operators, educators and learners

• Improve the election process further

Details

1. Community ownership

Help shift the project to a more collaborative governance. We need to complete the transformation resulting from the shift of the project leadership from edX/2U to tCRIL. The project can now adopt better open source practices, allowing more involvement of the larger community.

2. “Open first” approach

Default more often to transparency for all discussions, agreements and documents affecting the official project.

Many documents and discussions in the project are public – but many are also kept private. As Karl Vogel puts it in “Producing Open Source Software”, a widely recognized compilation of open source good practices:

3. More collaboration within the community

…rather than isolated solitary projects that duplicate each other’s work, or rely on edX/2U or tCRIL to do the work we need. We need our organizations to design, build and fund projects with each other.

We also need to make it easier for core contributors to have the availability they need, by contributing more time to core contribution & maintenance – and have this work prioritized.

4. Operators, educators and learners

Help to develop better communication & feedback channels with operators, educators and learners, to integrate more the opinion of the actual users of the project.

We currently don’t have very good means to reach out to educators, learners, or even most of the operators – the community is spread over many instances, few aware of what happens in the larger community or the project itself. We need to develop ways to spread information within the larger community, as well as get more direct feedback and discussions about the project.

5. Improve the election process

Iterate based on the experience from this election and feedback.

Relevant experience

Open edX contributor since 2013

I joined the Open edX project as an early contributor - I had the privilege of contributing the project’s first merged external pull request, right after the project was published as open source. :stuck_out_tongue: I am an avid MOOC user, a learner on multiple Open edX sites, a teacher of the Open Source Masterclass MOOC, an operator at OpenCraft, a core contributor and a current member of the TOC.

One of the reasons I’ve started contributing was to give back to a community which had given me a lot as a learner. Little did I know, that the project and its community would come to alter my life path even more. I’ve been enjoying trying to make it up to the project ever since, by contributing to it.

OpenCraft

Part of my approach to improve the project has been through founding OpenCraft. It is a service provider company created with the goal to help Open edX sites operators to fully benefit from the open source model. By contributing the code of improvements our clients need to the project, we guarantee the quality and longevity of the work ordered, and ensure that our approach remains compatible with the evolution of the project. This has also allowed our clients and us to be prolific contributors to Open edX, since day one in 2013 – the open source model allows everyone to better benefit from the work done by others, accelerating the development of Open edX.

Core contributor program & TOC

The healthier the project and its governance is, the better this works – which is why I’ve helped to create programs like the core contributors. Over the last 10 years, I have hoped and pushed for the type of changes that are happening to the project since the 2U/tCRIL split – so I feel some responsibility for helping the project mature and adopt proper open source practices, now that it can do that!

Lately, besides making sure that we at OpenCraft keep contributing the majority of our work to the platform, my contributions as a TOC community member and core contributor revolve around:

• Governance - helping to define, discuss and implement processes, like the TOC elections, but also participating in improving code & product review processes of contributions
  • Project management for the core contributor program – organization of sprints, helping getting contributors unblocked, and informed about each other’s work

Open source advocacy

I am also a long-time contributor of free software communities: I am a former board member of April, the main free software advocacy organization in France, I have initiated the Ryzom.org campaign, and I co-developed the free software game Card Stories.

Time commitment

I currently dedicate ~20h/month on average to contributing as a TOC member and core contributor, and I expect to continue dedicating a similar amount of time to the goals and activities above if I’m elected for 2023.

9 Likes

## Full name

Stefania Trabucchi

## Picture

## Title (1-5 words)

We have to continue to work inexorably on the next Open edX generation as the best learner experience platform (LXP)

A great learner experiences platform (LXP) should be used not only by university with particular needs. The platform should be a solution for corporate, HR department, Start-up, hospital or government etc. The market is diversified and flexible solutions are requested.

The learning experience we have to achieve in 2023 is a software that use artificial intelligence (AI) to recommend content to users, offer adaptive paths and strong collaboration tools to create communities and improve engagement. My vision is to provide learning opportunities that go beyond the traditional learning management system.

Last but not Least: Open edX looks old fashioned? Yes, we need soon the next generation LXP with a new facelift.

### Details

Software projects required a series of smaller goals over a long period than just one Big Bang. The Open Edx Software needs a new vision that focuses first on the most important paradigm shifts. We have too many construction sites, we run from release to release without looking at the market segments and market needs. Even Moodle and many other LMSs will overrun us if we don’t look at the essentials together. We have the time now, we have to start very soon.

## Relevant experience

• Open source community driven approach since 2002
  • Good level of scrum mastery
  • Open edX verified service partner (started in 2015) with deep knowledge in the Open edX processes (hope so!)
  • Design thinking approach to lead teams to redefine problems and create innovative solutions
  • Core contributor for Marketing and Translation Group since 2017
  • A lot of hobbies and interests (too much indeed!). We discuss it over a good glass of wine (I like white)
  • I did not study computer science, I graduated from a humanities faculty. Of course if I had to go back maybe I would choose it… I like to put my hands in the code, but I leave that to those who are definitely more competent than me.
  • I like inclusion, transparency, democracy, respect for and from people

## Time commitment

My time commitment for 2023 is 5% of my overall working time: My normal work time is 50 hours per week, I can commit to 2,5 hours a week ~12h per month.

9 Likes

Full name: Felipe Montoya

Picture

Title (1-5 words)

Strengthen community ownership and co create a better platform for 10K organizations.

My goal as a TOC member would be to push for the mechanisms and incentives that can empower the community players to collaboratively build a product that is the best fit for tens of thousands of organizations to provide high quality online learning.

Details

The Open edX platform has been evolving over the years, starting from a solution that best served the needs/pains and business case of a single organization (a very special one), to a handful, to perhaps hundreds. I believe there is an opportunity to make a huge positive impact by serving the needs of hundreds of thousands of organizations worldwide, but in order to do so, the platform needs to be steered towards a more decentralized model, in which there is:

• A deeper understanding into what those needs are, specially in the areas where the platform is not meeting the expectations.

• A robust learning core that defines the main functionality and architecture and that governs the stable extension points using well established standards for data and interoperability.

• An extensibility model that allows and incentivises a larger number of contributors to create additional features, extensions, integrations with other services, etc. and a centralized place for these extensions to be discovered and distributed.

This will certainly take much longer than one year, but this initial transition period is key for our community to grow stronger as we figure out the appropriate governance models and the ways to move in the right direction.

Relevant experience

As a community contributor

Back in 2012 I enrolled in a course in edx.org. The quality of that course blew my mind. For the second course run I became a teaching assistant for the MOOC. The next thing I know I was opening a PR fixing the spanish translation of the platform. It only grew from there. I started attending calls with the ops teams from edx and getting more involved in the community.

After some time contributing, I was honored to be part of the pilot program for the Core Contributors program. I am extremely happy to see how well it has progressed since then.

At eduNEXT

After getting my feet wet with the project it also became my main work. I co-founded eduNEXT, a company that specializes in the Open edX ecosystem. Our software as a service approach helped us gain a tremendous insight into the needs of thousands of organizations that we supplied Open edX with. Both those that succeeded and those that failed have taught us a great deal. Recently this kind of experience became the basis of the hooks extension framework that we worked hard for in the last two years.

Talks and conferences

Time commitment

I have already committed to work 20h/Month as a core committer and in the event of being selected for the TOC I think it would devote most of that time into this responsibility.

9 Likes

Full name

Samuel Paccoud

Picture

Title

Make OpenEdX agile again

I believe development velocity and community engagement would benefit from breaking down the monolith into 4 interoperable functionalities:

• the learning content: interoperable LCMS and LTI providers, emitting xAPI events. Many projects.
  • the catalog: search, ecommerce and marketing
  • the classroom environment: mobile first, built for interactivity, modular for composability, ready for adaptive learning and skill based learning
  • the LMS: student management incl. enrollment, grades, certification, dashboard…

Details

Within each of these 4 groups of functionalities, and after agreeing on the interfaces and open standards, a motivated group in the community can take ownership of a project and build it.

On the backend, breaking down the monolith to smaller projects would unlock the power of the Django and Python communities at large.

On the frontend, we would build a library of xAPI-ready components for learning that can be used to build learning experiences faster.

Only vote for me if you believe in this method, as I’m very obsessed with it. This would be a major refactoring for OpenEdX in the end and can seem ambitious, but its efficiency is proven and it brings fast results because each project taken out of the monolith straight away recovers its velocity.

Relevant experience

I fell in love with Django about 10 years ago and took over the technical lead at FUN after a few years of freelancing. Since 2018, I have been applying the Mikado method on FUN’s OpenEdX based stack with the following achievements:

We recovered our velocity and growth after just a few months applying this method. In August 2022, we were awarded 13M€ to build a market place for B2B learning in France, which came as a big recognition for our work and will accelerate our projects.

Taken to the level of OpenEdX, this method could unlock engagement and creativity in the community and allow us to collaboratively transform OpenEdX to a modern and open education platform for the future.

I believe we could start for example, with the 2 most critical parts:

• Make LTI and xAPI first class citizens in OpenEdX. It would be awesome if teachers could add any LTI content to their course in 1-click via deep linking. Easy to do and huge impact.
  • Rebuild forum/discussion

Time commitment

I can commit 20h per month to the TOC mission.
The FUN team could contribute to some small projects that would be started and to the engineering effort.

5 Likes