Build/Test/Release Working Group Biweekly Meetup

I cannot subscribe to it too.

@sambapete @toxinu Did you try this? It worked for me.

1 Like

It works with this URL, thanks @regis. :slight_smile:

I confirm. It works with this URL Thanks @regis

In order to reach decisions more swiftly, it was decided that we have longer, more frequent meetups – we are now switching to a weekly one-hour meetup, while still alternating between Eastern/Western hemispheres. I.e: for most people this means that you should attend once every two weeks. The calendar link above was updated, and the change will become effective starting from next week, Monday 28th September (that meeting will be for you Americas :wink: :earth_americas:).

2 Likes

Next meetup is on Monday, 2020-09-28T16:00:00Z! Here’s the agenda:

• Discuss new Juniper issues, if any
  • Discuss ongoing projects:
    • MFE deployment, by @Felipe’s team at EduNEXT
    • Creation of a contributor’s guide, by @Andres.Aulasneo
    • CI for the native installation, by @toxinu
    • Publication of Juniper upgrade notes, by @pkulkark
    • Koa release; in particular, we are looking for a volunteer to supervise the release.
  • Find volunteers to work on the new community installation (aka: “native installation v2”), see this conversation

EDIT: here is the recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/PNV_5aR4Ehp0D8_TKHoV1FYFj1astqxFytdFE3Qq-eXVAykmv_SSRBX-KRnN6WST.EqRaDSofT_gi2eB1 (Code: *28W#Nay)

I would like to also cover the Koa timeline, so that we can be ready to get it out the door on time.

Since the meeting was from 1am to 2am for me, I was not able to intend to it. Sorry about that. :confused:

No worries @toxinu, this is the reason why we hold meetups at different times, from one week to the next :slight_smile:

Next meetup is on 2020-10-05T09:00:00Z! Here’s the agenda:

See you on Monday!

EDIT: here is the recording https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/ATJsNPiTvfH0futjYKAwRdofADG3sC3jRlsdEeHxiKovLIjBWX6vGyJzoAK831DA.fNasxWfhhF1rgHJV (Password =?C$FJr8)

1 Like

I wonder if it would be better to start a new topic for each meeting?

I like the fact that all people who one day replied to this topic are automatically receiving notifications (or at least they should be).

1 Like

:warning: Important note: because next Monday is a holiday in the US, the next meetup will happen instead on 2020-10-13T16:00:00Z. The calendar was updated accordingly.

2 Likes

I have subscribed to the BTR calendar but it didn’t seem to move the event on my calendar, so make sure to double-check your own calendars so you won’t miss it!

@nedbat You are not alone. Same issue on my side. As the entry seems to be for a recurring meeting, my Google Calendar doesn’t want to move it. I will have to create a personal entry in order to remind me of it.

As a friendly reminder, the meetup will take place 2020-10-13T16:00:00Z – that’s today! Here is the agenda:

• Review ongoing commitments
    • The upcoming community installation that will replace the current native installation (see conversation)

You should open an issue with Google @sambapete. (and that will teach you to use free software :stuck_out_tongue:)

EDIT: thanks everyone for attending! Here is the recording: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing - Zoom (password: &Eg#F3c!)

2 Likes

The next meetup will happen on 2020-10-19T09:00:00Z2020-10-19T10:00:00Z. :warning: Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this meetup.

Is there someone who would like to replace me as the event’s “scrum master”? Maybe @BbrSofiane who I know sometimes attend both Eastern and Western meetups? :bowing_man:

Here is the provisional agenda:

• Discuss new Juniper issues
    • A user reported an issue with the Apple social authentication backend (see ticket). The fix should be relatively easy. Is there a volunteer to start a PR on the open-release/juniper.master branch?
    • Newly discovered issues should be added to the board, in the TO DO column, with a description as thorough as possible.
  • Review ongoing commitments
    • Meetup participants who have assigned issues in the “In Progress” column should discuss their progress. Is there anything blocking you? Can the working group help you in any way?
    • Do we have field reports from people who have tried running the current Open edX master branch?
    • @arbrandes is gathering feedback from the community about the future community installation, which is going to replace the native installation. If you’d like to discuss this, I encourage you to watch the last 15 minutes of the recording of the previous meeting.

@regis I’m happy to do it!

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot! I’ll let you add the meetup URL then.

Link for the meetup: https://meet.google.com/wzh-suww-bjg

One thing though is that I can’t record the meeting.