Introduction: David from Politecnico di Milano

Hi all,
I’m Davide Mezzera from Politecnico di Milano. Politecnico di Milano is one of the most important University in Italy based in Milan. Our open edX instance is called POK - Polimi Open Knowledge.

Polimi Open Knowledge is open to students but also to external people who desire to improve their knowledge. We count +80k users and +50 courses.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@DavideMezzera welcome! It looks like your site has been running for 3.5 years or so? Do you have any learnings from that experience you can share? Has your approach changed over that time?

Hi Ned,
I’m glad to meet all of you. I think it is important to share knowledge and experiences.
POK - Polimi Open Knowledge experience starts in the 2014 thanks to Marco Re, a Sowftware Developer who doesn’t work at Politecnico anymore. I started working on open edX in the early 2017 upgrading our Platform from Eucalyptus to Ginkgo. It was very hard to collect information about that.:confused: Luckily in the second part of 2017 started a collaboration with an another University (Alma Mater Studiorum of Bologna) that implements BOOK. The tecnical reference person name is Matteo Ricci (I hope he will introduce herself soon). We collaborate and improve our open edX knowledge daily: it’s great!
Anyway, POK’s purpose change during the time. At first we used it to share our university knowledge to everyone. Now it’s mostly a support in the teaching innovation: our Moocs blend with the traditional didactics. Students attend courses at home and then they can discuss them in classroom (Flipped Classroom approach).
I hope that I have asnwered the main questions!

2 Likes

Hey @DavideMezzera, nice to see you here :slight_smile: