Richie Enabling Error in Fresh setup

Hi, try deleting
sudo rm -rf $(tutor config printroot)/data/
then run
tutor local quickstart
it can help you

Be cautious with this it would DELETE everything :warning:!

3 Likes

Sorry for the above answer maybe i didn’t read the whole question.i think when i ran the tutor local quickstart command again it recreated the secret from there getting an error related to RICHIE_COURSE_HOOK. I tried running the tutor local start -d start command instead of the tutor local quickstart command.

Unless the secret is removed from the config.yml file, a new one won’t be recreated.

@Parvinkumar Can you answer my question above?

I appreciate my instructions were not the clearest (I wrote them in a hurry!) but have you created an organisation and the corresponding course in Richie? If you haven’t then Richie has nothing to synchronize.

To do so, just start your tutor deployment (yes, ignoring the failure in init), log into Richie with your superuser account and create both the org and the course. Once you’ve done that then try to initialise the service again.

okay i will do it thanks alot BbrSofiane for your help

So sorry to distrub you but not able find course sync command i am requesting you please mention the command here.
and issue in showing category in Richie and not about found course creation page i am attaching image for your reference

After enabling Richie i am coming to url courses.xxxx.com/en/
But i want to use that to my home page like xxxx.com like it was without Richie.

I am very excited about Richie site factory please let me know if i can contribute via testing its look and features

I think the error about the missing setting RICHIE_COURSE_HOOK is because the parameter is defined in the settings for the cms using openedx-cms-production-settings but the init scripts runs using the LMS container.

I’ve added to openedx-lms-production-settings and fixed the error. I’ll push the fix to the plugin unless there is a way to ensure the initialisation is run with the CMS container.

Thank you for this! How can we apply the changes on our end?

It depends how urgent it is for you. If you can wait, I’ll add create a PR for the fix and it will be in tutor-richie version 14.0.1.

If you want to get started now you can clone the plugin repo, make the change and install the plugin from the local repo.

Let me know if have more questions

Hey folks,
I think there was a problem when tutor tries to sync the course using tutor local init, if you would do it manually it would work though.

Here is the patch to fix the syncing job: fix: richie-openedx-job not picking the settings by ghassanmas · Pull Request #6 · openfun/tutor-contrib-richie · GitHub