Can't see the course team data download tab?

Hi there!
Can’t see the course team data download tab? Some instructors we have added to the course team cannot download any data, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @sevdesivri

You should add them to the role of Course-data-researcher to allow them to download student data.

1. Go to LMS > Instructor > Membership tab
  2. Scroll down to Course Team Management
  3. Select Course data researcher from the Role drop down
  4. Enter username or email and click on Add course Data Researcher.
2 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

As you said, I added as a data researcher, but the screenshot of the team members I added is as follows. They cannot see the generate grade report and generate problem grade report buttons. what should I do for this?!

2 DT|690x340

Did you ever solve this? It is driving me a bit crazy, because I think it should be fairly easy. I must be missing something simple!

I have an account that has Admin and Staff rights and sees
“Generate Grade Report”, “Generate Problem Grade Report”, and “Generate ORA Data Report”

Another that has Staff and Data Researcher rights and they do not see Generate Problem Grade Report, but see the other two.

I tried changing rights in many different ways, including giving Admin to the other accounts, but no happiness.

I want to other person to be able to download Problem Grade Report.

Any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

If user was add as data researcher, user can see Data Download tab but by default the user can’t generate report.
To allow user generate report, edit lms config (lms.yml or lms.env.json) and add ALLOW_COURSE_STAFF_GRADE_DOWNLOADS set to true under FEATURES.

Thanks

1 Like

Apparently the correct way to set this in tutor (it took me a couple tries) is:

vim /home/tutor/.local/share/tutor-plugins/enable_instructor_grade_report_generation.yml

name: enable_instructor_grade_report_generation
version: 0.1.0
patches:
  openedx-lms-common-settings: |
    FEATURES["ALLOW_COURSE_STAFF_GRADE_DOWNLOADS"] = True

and then

tutor plugins enable enable_instructor_grade_report_generation
tutor config save
tutor local quickstart
2 Likes