Config tutor-mfe

Hello everyone,

I’m currently exploring tutor-mfe, and in the /openedx/tutor/env/plugins/mfe/build/mfe directory, I made changes to the Dockerfile (changed the GitHub link). However, when I run tutor dev launch , the Dockerfile reverts back to its original state. How can I save the changes to that Dockerfile?

hello @TNS_FX1838 welcome to the openedx community

if you need to make changes such as settings, Dockerfiles, etc. so u need to create a plugin in tutor and set the value as per your requirement

please read this docs it helps u a lot.

https://docs.tutor.overhang.io/tutorials/plugin.html

Hello @Yagnesh ,

but i just want to change the github url this GitHub - openedx/frontend-app-learning: Front-end for the Open edX course experience, implemented using React and Paragon. =>GitHub - sonxauxi2411/frontend-app-learning: Front-end for the Open edX course experience, implemented using React and Paragon.
to easily edit the code. Is it necessary to create a new plugin?

oh, please explain what you are doing in question so another person can understand better.

in that case, u don’t need to create a plugin just add this to your config.yml file

LEARNING_MFE_APP:
  name: learning
  port: 2000
  repository: your repo
  version: master

you’ll need to rebuild your mfe image:

tutor config save
tutor images build mfe

after u can check in your docker file your fork GitHub repo comes instead default

1 Like

I followed your instructions, but when executing “tutor dev launch” or “tutor dev start,” I encountered an error.

my purpose:
I want to know how I can use my own GitHub repository link (GitHub - sonxauxi2411/frontend-app-learning: Front-end for the Open edX course experience, implemented using React and Paragon.) instead of the default one (GitHub - openedx/frontend-app-learning: Front-end for the Open edX course experience, implemented using React and Paragon.) in order to easily modify the code according to my preferences.

u need to change LEARNING_MFE_APP: and add this MFE_LEARNING_MFE_APP:

MFE_LEARNING_MFE_APP:
  name: learning
  port: 2000
  repository: your repo path
  version: master

I hope it can solve your problem.

Just to add to @Yagnesh’s very relevant answers, it is probably a better idea to use the CLI instead of editing config.yml directly. For example:

tutor config save --set MFE_LEARNING_MFE_APP="{'name': 'learning', 'repository': 'https://github.com/openedx/frontend-app-learning', 'version': 'master', 'port': 2000}"
1 Like

@arbrandes

Sounds good :slight_smile:

sorry for bothering ,
I have successfully implemented it in the “local” environment, but it doesn’t work in the “dev” environment. Can you tell me why it’s not working, or is it due to incorrect installation?

For the dev environment you’re better off rebuilding all images:

$ tutor images build all

Hello. What if I want to modify tutor mfe’s templates? How can I achieve the same results?