Contributors Meetup Async Update - July 8th, 2023 - July 21st, 2023

Core Contributor Sprint Retro - 7 July 2023 to 21 July 2023

You can find the full report in Listaflow: https://www.listaflow.com/

Do you need any help? Or is there anything you’d like to collaborate on? User
I’m looking at a problem with Order History in ecommerce in Olive and Palm. I’ve mentionned it on Discourse and discussed it with Phil Shiu from 2U. I wish someone who is running ecommerce on Olive or Palm could also confirm they are encountering this problem. Pierre Mailhot
I am looking for someone to write a Site Operations module for the Dev Onboarding course. This would be a high level overview of how to get a site running with Tutor. If these instructions exist in any form could someone point me at them? Sarina Canelake
What did you accomplish this sprint? User
Worked on the Dev Onboarding course and responded to feedback on the Intro to Open edX course Sarina Canelake
TOC Meeting - Attend & follow-up Write public summaries for TOC meetings · Issue #94 · openedx/wg-coordination · GitHub
TOC Elections - Publish Charter Amendments Elections - Additional feedback?
PR Delays discussion Contributor's Meetup 2023-01-24 · Issue #85 · openedx/wg-coordination · GitHub
Course - Send audio equipment for first interview Community-maintained onboarding courses · Issue #11 · openedx/wg-coordination · GitHub
Xavier Antoviaque
Added more type checking (with mypy) to some edx-platform apps. Braden MacDonald
Attended (and thoroughly enjoyed!) a design workshop run by Mike Leary at 2U for the Studio Home redesign :slight_smile:
Attended the Core Product Working Group meeting
Attended the UX/UI Working Group meeting
Ali Hugo
General CI fixes for tutor-contrib-aspects
Add new functionality like commands for aspects
Add an operator dashboard for aspects
Cristhian Garcia
Participated in Build-Test-Release Working Group meeting.
Participated in Translation Working Group meeting.
Reviewed some strings for Fr-CA in Transifex.
Quickly looked at LexiQA in Transifex again (more to come).
Browsed through Discourse and Slack.
Created and merged a PR which adds xAPI transformers for discussion forum thread interaction events Zia Fazal
As I am a tester and attending meetings and onboarding courses. So far I have contributed to executing Palm test cases and reporting issues. Fayyaz Ahmed
I joined the LTI Working Group and helped present the ideas for the Marketplace and LTI UX. Cassie
What do you plan to work on in the upcoming sprint?
Besides attending my usual working group meetings, I’m not sure yet. I don’t know how much time I will have between my work on the Content tagging project. Ali Hugo
I am on leave for next two sprints Navin
Still trying to look at the aforementioned Order History issue in ecommerce.
Looking at LexiQA in Transifex.
Participating in Build-Test-Release Working Group meeting.
Pierre Mailhot
Finish up Dev Onboarding course first draft (all except Site Operations & Intro to Frontend) Sarina Canelake
Start work on adding more xAPI transformers for discussion forum response interaction events Zia Fazal
I’m working on adding type hints to opaque-keys, and next up I want to take on the XBlock repo. Braden MacDonald
What went well this sprint?
The Studio Home workshop was a lot of fun and very effective in getting a lot of good UX ideas in a short amount of time. Ali Hugo

A total of 319.25 hours were reported this sprint, up from 238.75 in the previous sprint:

Cristhian Garcia 80
Dave Ormsbee 40
Sarina Canelake 40
Zia Fazal 22
Andrés González 20
Maria Grimaldi 20
Ana Garcia 14
Piotr 13
@antoviaque 10.75
Braden 10
Ali Hugo 10
Gabriel 9.75