Core Contributor Sprint Retro: Jul 22 - Aug 4, 2023
Here is a summary of responses for the end-of-sprint check-in. The full report is on Listaflow.
Core Contributor Hours
A total of 228 hours were reported this sprint, down from 319.25 and 238.75 in the previous two sprints:
0 hours logged this sprint:
Abderraouf Mehdi, Adolfo R. Brandes, Andreas Grähn, Brian Mesick, Brian Smith, Carlos Muniz, Chintan Joshi, Dave Ormsbee, Dean Jay Mathew, Edward Edward, Esteban Etcheverry, Farhaan, Feanil Patel, Ghassan Maslamani, Igor Degtiarov, Ivo Branco, Jenna Makowski, Jesica Greco, Jhony Avella, Jorge Londoño, Juan Montoya, Kshitij, Kyle McCormick, Maksim Sokolskiy, Michelle Philbrick, Nicole Kessler, Omar Al-Ithawi, Pedro Cabral, Peter Koblyakov, Sarina Canelake, Sofiane Bebert, Stefania Trabucchi
Summary of responses
1. What did you accomplish this sprint?
- Updated API documentation
- Making progress on some edx-platform Auth cleanup
- Work with other Axim folks to start updating and moving the developer guide to the new documentation site.
- I presented the internal work our team is doing for HMS at the Core Product Working Group. There is general interest from the community!
- I am in the process of setting up a call with HMS, and Jenna to see how we can align this work with the Modular Learning Initiative. Jenna will also present some of the new tools in the works to HMS.
- I completed some design deliverables for the Marketing Working Group (the assets will be used at the LWMOOCs conference).
- Attended the UX/UI Working Group meeting, and planned the agenda for the following one.
- Attended the Core Product Working Group meeting.
- Attended the monthly Scrum of Scrums Working Group meeting.
- Reviewed the wireframes 2U is working on for the search functionality on the LMS.
- Attended Built-Test-Release Working group meetup.
- Attended Education Working group on AI.
- Translated and reviewed strings for fr_CA in Transifex.
- Reported a translation problem with frontend-app-communications not harvesting strings or being in Transifex.
- Browsed through Slack.
- Browsed through Discourse.
Continued adding further transformers for forum events and created this PR.
- Reviewed a filter contributed by Arbisoft for an enterprise feature: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub
- Participated in the large instances WG.
- Reviewed the ADR for the enrollment APIs for wordpress ecommerce.
2. What went well this sprint?
There was some nice sharing of UX ideas between the work done on the Studio search and on the LMS search.
I had a successful response from the Core Product Working Group about the initial Product Work being completed for HMS. I look forward to seeing how this story unfolds
Seeing enterprise features of edx.org using openedx-filters is great.
3. What should we improve? Any blockers?
Nothing mentioned this sprint.
4. Do you need any help? Or is there anything you’d like to collaborate on?
Reported a translation problem with frontend-app-communications not harvesting strings or being in Transifex.
5. What do you plan to work on in the upcoming sprint?
Will continue to add more transformers
I’ll be on leave for the next sprint.
- I plan to complete the HMS Custom Pathways Product Spec internally. I also intend to align our spec more or less to how the Product Specs are being drawn up in the Open edX Wiki. Once this is done, I can re-share the spec with community, and we can begin a proper discussion with HMS and the community at large.
- I’m also going to see whether ASU Baobab representatives are keen to meet with Jenna re their project, and in turn Jenna will present some of the new Modular Learning Initiative tools.
- Built-Test-Release Working group meetup.
- Open edX Contributors meetup.
- Ecommerce Next Steps update meetup.
Questions or comments?
Great! Please add any questions or comments you might have below. We’d love to hear from you!