Contributors Meetup Async Update - May 3rd, 2023 - May 15th, 2023

@Natalia_Choconta For the past sprint, the TOC activity revolved around working on the public reports and notes about the recent meetings, which will have the details about the current topics and discussion. It will be useful to get feedback about the format and content, once they are published.

@e0d would you want to provide these updates about the TOC, since you chair the board and manage the publication of the reports, or would you like me to do it?

Contributors meeting discussions

I brought up some of the points from this thread and the previous sprint at the contributor meetup:

Calls for participation highlighted

Feature toggles naming convention

We discussed @ghassan’s request to establish guidelines about the naming of feature toggles. We agreed that the next step is to open a PR to amend OEP-17 - there will be a need to figure out the arbiter, but this can be done on the PR.

Training/onboarding courses

From marketing WG update (sprint 1): “We are hoping to create site operator training and would love to collaborate with BTR on this” → contribute to the onboarding courses?

@sarina and @abstract-technology have already started discussing this, it’s a new domain (onboarding a site operator is different in scope, the onboarding courses currently focus on developer onboarding). It could give a new onboarding course, although it was pointed out that the training materials might not be full courses, but rather small videos. To be specified further.

Working groups list in Listaflow

@Fox_Piacenti I’ve noticed some of the newer working groups are missing in the list on listaflow, like education or large instances devops. Could you have a look at syncing the current list from https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/COMM/pages/3707371565/Active+Working+Groups with the one in Listaflow?