Enable Automatic Certificate Generation is fail on Maple after Lilac upgrade

Hi,

I will update and summarize what I’ve done so far (enable automatic certificate generation and allow learner to download early certificate)

Lilac:

1. Enabled certificates.auto_certificate_generation waffle switch on Django Admin
  2. Set Certificates Display Behavior to "early_no_info"

Upgrade to Maple:

1. Error log regarding generate course certificate which will affect page loading error is fixed by enabling persistent grades on Django admin.
  2. No “View Certificate” button on Progress’ learner page
  3. Problem #2 is fixed by adding the course ID to certificate generation course setting on Django Admin (/admin/certificates/certificategenerationcoursesetting). The result is a “Request Certificate” button appears on Progress page.
  4. “Request Certificate” button is still not up to my expectations where in lilac the “View Certificate” button appears. Hence no more step for learner to download his/her certificate.
  5. I found that there is no Certificates Display Behavior on Maple course’s Advanced Settings, but now that “option” appears on Course Details page (Settings > Schedule & Details) with the default value end.
  6. I know that to allow learner to download early certificates is by set the Certificate Display Behavior to early_no_info on Certificates Display Behavior setting.
  7. By doing the trick to change the end value to early_no_info on Course Details page fix #4 issue. The “Request Certificate” button is not show up replace with “View Certificate”.

Questions:

1. Is there any steps I missed?
  2. Can these steps (“tricky”) be a workable solution at this time? Since the Maple documentation regarding this subject is still refer to Lilac.

Regards,

2 Likes