Generic front-end for course-discovery

I’m not sure what I’m missing. As I understand it the Open edX Course discovery application is only an API. I would like to use that API to provide our learners with a more elaborate course overview, with better search and filter options than the default “Discover New” page gives us.

But I don’t want to have to re-invent the wheel. I was hoping there is an application that I can base my work on. Is there something like a “generic front-end” to go with the course discovery API? Or are there example applications somewhere?

I’ve been searching for days, but I’m not really finding answers, so I hope somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

There is Open edX LMS and WordPress integrator (LITE) – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org if you want to use Wordpress (although I haven’t tried it personally, I’m not sure if it does exactly what you’re looking for, and am not sure how often it’s updated).

Thanks you for the reply. I found that one as well, and tried it out yesterday.

But it seemed like it works with EduNext’s own API rather than Course Discovery. When I looked up how to configure it I also stumbled upon this discussion where somebody says EduNext considers it “legacy” and only for use with edX platforms deployed by them.