How to set your custom fork repo of mfe discussion app changes on tutor

where is this tutor-plugins directory

tutor images build mfe shooting error @FatemeKhodayari

its updated repor changes some code issue in react is there for copy protection of learning mfe pages

Hi this is not working properly. As I have created fork of the learning repo and added my code changes to that repo public index.html. But it was not reflecting

Normally in the same directory that tutor exists. In Linux the default directories are:

• tutor: /home/you-user/.local/share/tutor/
  • tutor plugins: /home/your-user/.local/share/tutor-plugins/

Changes not reflecting from repo

This can have many causes. Some changes may get overwritten by the packages and default configuration used in each MFE. It’s also possible that you have not built the images correctly. Remember that when adding commits to a branch, you should build with --no-cache or tag your new changes so that the new code is pulled during the build process.

How tag new changes can you guide me out am confused

After committing your changes, run git tag "my-tag" and then push using git push --tags your-branch. In this way both the commits and the tags will be pushed to the remote.

After that do I need mention that tag in my plugin and run tutor config save ?

Yes. Use the tag for filling version in your plugin. Then enable the plugin and save config. Then rebuild the mfe image. If no changes were applied, please also try building the mfe image with --no-cache.

Am getting this error while I run : tutor images build --no-cache mfe

Which tutor version are you using? Are you sure about your internet connection? Seems that your computer can’t fetch some libraries.

Am using palm version and internet have no issue

I guess we’ve got 10 versions of tutor that ship openedx palm. Anyway, let me fetch @regis. He may know what’s your issue.

Okay thank you

while running with --no-cache only I have error

Actually I have done the git repo tagging so that latest code came to learning-mfe from my branch. But the build of react is not properly completed I think its showing only two build as like this

Do I need to run tutor images build openedx after these all commands and restart again

If you have changes that affect openedx, yes you should build openedx as well. Each build has some steps. For example the MFE build is 186 steps for me. The last step is naming the new image, as you have in your screenshot. After that your image is built and you can launch tutor.