Integrating ChatGPT chatbot into Open edX

I currently have an OpenEDX website running on Tutor. I have seen a chat instance in their OpenEDX site from FPT. I want to ask how to have a chat instance and connect it to ChatGPT API and Whisper API (if possible).

I need this real quick :smiling_face_with_tear:

Connecting to the ChatGPT API and/or Whisper is very easy. But building a new UI for it, integrating it into the LMS, and figuring out a product strategy that makes pedagogically effective use of those tools without the potentially large drawbacks… that takes a lot of work. I’m not sure it’s possible to do “real quick.” But if you can share more details on what you’re trying to achieve, maybe we can see if someone in the community has an open source integration that does what you want.

I need something like ChatGPT-XBlock (I installed it on my server but still cannot use it) or a chatbot.

I think Meet the ChatGPT XBlock for the Open edX® LMS is your best bet then. If you’re having an issue with it, it’s probably best to post the specific error and ask Dean/ABC (the developer) for help.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try that again