Greetings fellow edX’ers,
I am the Program Manager (& Sr. Designer) for USMx, which is the umbrella organization for the University System of Maryland: edX & online special projects. We offer MOOCs, Professional Certificates, MicroMasters, and SPOCs. To give you an idea of the different roles I may be responsible for: I project manage instructional design projects, handle QA reviews, design courses, and/or support escalated learning & edX issues for USMx for the following institutions:
- Bowie State University
- Coppin State University
- Frostburg State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland Global Campus
With that said, I’m not a programmer, and although I took HTML and Java, it’s been years and I’ve been building a Think Tank to support me w/ code issues or provide ideas/solutions, etc.
I’m sure at one point we will invest in Open edX, in the meantime, many of the same issues/questions overlap with edX and edX Edge.
I’m always impressed with these forums and the knowledge and appreciate the community feel.