Issue with running MFE with tutor

Hey there,
I’m trying to setup tutor with MFE authn. I’m using mfe plugin. I forked authin repo, version is the same as the open edx version. I installed it and run it successfully (npm i & npm start).
I mounted MFE with tutor:
tutor mounts add /path/to/frontend-app-authn
When I launch dev tutor, I get this error message:

@edx/frontend-app-authn@0.1.0 start
authn-1 | > fedx-scripts webpack-dev-server --progress --config ./webpack.dev-tutor.config.js
authn-1 |
authn-1 | [webpack-cli] Failed to load ‘/openedx/app/webpack.dev-tutor.config.js’ config
authn-1 | [webpack-cli] Error: Cannot find module ‘@edx/frontend-build/config/webpack.dev.config.js’

If I go to the browser and try opening open-edx, everything works fine except login page. There I see:

Invalid Host header

My webpack.dev-tutor.config.js is empty and I didn’t touch anything in .env files.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

What version of Tutor and what release are you trying? You should be on Quince, the most recent stable release (and Redwood comes out in a month)

That package has moved to @openedx/frontend-build - npm which is why it cannot be found.

Hi, I am encountering the same issue. I cloned the fork of frontend-app-authn to my local environment and then bind-mount it with tutor mounts add … I am using tutor 17.0.5 and mfe 17.0.1. I do not understand what I should do to fix this error. This is the log from tutor dev logs authn:

authn-1 | > @edx/frontend-app-authn@0.1.0 start
authn-1 | > fedx-scripts webpack-dev-server --progress --config ./webpack.dev-tutor.config.js
authn-1 |
authn-1 | [webpack-cli] Failed to load ‘/openedx/app/webpack.dev-tutor.config.js’ config
authn-1 | [webpack-cli] Error: Cannot find module ‘@edx/frontend-build/config/webpack.dev.config.js’
authn-1 | Require stack:
authn-1 | - /openedx/app/webpack.dev-tutor.config.js
authn-1 | - /openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-cli/lib/webpack-cli.js
authn-1 | - /openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-cli/lib/bootstrap.js
authn-1 | - /openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js
authn-1 | - /openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/bin/webpack-dev-server.js
authn-1 | - /openedx/app/node_modules/@openedx/frontend-build/bin/fedx-scripts.js
authn-1 | at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1134:15)
authn-1 | at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:975:27)
authn-1 | at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1225:19)
authn-1 | at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:177:18)
authn-1 | at Object. (/openedx/app/webpack.dev-tutor.config.js:7:7)
authn-1 | at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1356:14)
authn-1 | at Module._extensions…js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1414:10)
authn-1 | at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1197:32)
authn-1 | at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1013:12)
authn-1 | at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1225:19) {
authn-1 | code: ‘MODULE_NOT_FOUND’,
authn-1 | requireStack: [
authn-1 | ‘/openedx/app/webpack.dev-tutor.config.js’,
authn-1 | ‘/openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-cli/lib/webpack-cli.js’,
authn-1 | ‘/openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-cli/lib/bootstrap.js’,
authn-1 | ‘/openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js’,
authn-1 | ‘/openedx/app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/bin/webpack-dev-server.js’,
authn-1 | ‘/openedx/app/node_modules/@openedx/frontend-build/bin/fedx-scripts.js’
authn-1 | ]
authn-1 | }