Migration from Hawthorn to Ironwood

Hello!

I’m trying to execute database migration from Hawthorn.2 release to Ironwood.master release and I’m facing the following error:

File “/edx/app/edxapp/venvs/edxapp/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler raise errorclass, errorvalue django.db.utils.IntegrityError: (1215, ‘Cannot add foreign key constraint’)

What could be the solution of the problem?

Thank you in advanced for your time

Hello
I have experienced this kind of error because of some data integrity issue. To fix it you have to exactly find which relation cannot be created. Then if there is a record with a value in FK column which is not presented in referenced PK column. Fix any issue you find and then retry to migrate.
In addition although it might not help for your problem, it would be better choice to migrate from a master release to another. so you may want to first upgrade to hawthorn.master and then upgrade to ironwood.master .

Dear Mahyard,
Thank you very much for your answer and help. I’m trying to fix the error following your guideline.
Regarding the releases, I tried the migration from hawthorn.2 to ironwood.master. I will try also hawthorn.master to ironwood.master.
Thank you again.
Ioannis