Recover Account MFE Indigo style after customization

I recently customized a page in Open edX, and after the customization, the theme reverted to the default style, removing the Indigo theme that was previously applied to the Account MFE (Micro-frontend). I didn’t remove the theme manually; it seems the customization process auto-reverted it.

Could anyone guide me on how to recover the Indigo theme or restore the custom styles for the Account MFE after customization? Any advice or steps to reapply the original styling would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have seen this when you do you changes inside de ENV folder. As this folder according to my experience restart when running the command “tutor config save”. The best I could do was to fork the indigo theme and installed in another folder as described in the following webpage:

And to change the MFE, i think you should do a plugin to keep your changes. I’m still figuring our how to work well with plugins customizing MFE’s

In the author container, you need to run npm install '@edx/brand@npm:@edly-io/indigo-brand-openedx'. If you make changes after this, the styles will not be removed.

Reason:
As you mentioned that changes have been made, it indicates that you have forked the authn repository and mounted it on the authn container. Since the mounted repository does not have the indigo-brand-openedx package installed, when you make changes and the container is reloaded, the Indigo styling is removed as a result. That’s why you need to install in container.