Squash a warning, earn a badge!

If anyone is working on code like XBlocks that may need to support both older and newer versions of Open edX, you’ll discover that from common.djangoapps.student.models import ... is not backwards-compatible with previous named releases (e.g. Juniper). Here’s how I fixed the import paths problem in the problem-builder XBlock in a backwards compatible way, while silencing the warning:

3 Likes

I’m late to the party, but I got one:

3 Likes

I got some too:

One is already merged, I hope to get the other ones merged soon as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

edx-platform lms shell looks clean from all first-party warnings, and all the default devstack services too

I must be late to the party, are there more invocations that generate warnings? (I’m a newbie to openedx)

1 Like

Hi @dylan-opencraft-com! Yes, the deadline for this challenge was before the Koa release, and we were pretty successful in squashing most warnings. But don’t worry! More to come :wink:

And a merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Squashing warnings is always good! Keep squashing, and we will keep giving badges.

I just squashed one: chore: silence deprecation warning: numpy.complex by nedbat · Pull Request #27 · edx/openedx-calc · GitHub

2 Likes