Theming mfe plugin

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on theming the learner-dashboard page, but I’ve encountered an issue where there’s no change in the appearance despite my efforts. However, when I disable the MFE (Micro Frontends) plugin, the theming appears as intended. I still want to utilize the features of the MFE plugin while customizing the page’s theme. Can anyone provide guidance on how to achieve this?

Thank you for your response.

Hello @Brook_Habte,

It sounds like you’re encountering an issue with theming the learner-dashboard page while using the tutor-mfe plugin in Open edX. The behavior you’re experiencing is likely because, by default, when you install the tutor-mfe plugin, it changes the learner dashboard to MFE, as mentioned in the plugin’s documentation here.

To address this, you have a couple of options:

1. Cloning and tweaking the tutor-mfe repo: You can clone the tutor-mfe repository and modify the plugin by removing the learner-dashboard MFE from it. This approach requires you to delve into the codebase and make the necessary adjustments.

2. Tweaking the frontend-app-learner-dashboard: Alternatively, you can customize the frontend-app-learner-dashboard repository to accommodate your theming changes. This approach is recommended as it allows you to maintain the MFE functionality while still applying your desired theme to the learner dashboard. After making your theming changes, you can install this customized version separately.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes