Change Passwords in Bulk Without Entering Twice

Hi,

To change a user’s password, following command ask to enter the password twice:

sudo -u www-data /edx/bin/python.edxapp /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/manage.py lms --settings production changepassword

Is there any way to change the passwords without entering it twice?

Or a way to change many users passwords at once?

Hi,

you need change this flag o add on lms.yml to true, and you can change the password from /admin

ENABLE_CHANGE_USER_PASSWORD_ADMIN

1 Like

Hey, I tried to enable that with ENABLE_CHANGE_USER_PASSWORD_ADMIN but still the link doesn’t show up. It has been added to cms.env.json and lms.env.json . I also checked through edxapp-shell-lms if the flag is indeed true and I got the confirmation. The link for changing the password is still missing and if I navigate to /admin/auth/user/1/password/ I’m presented with a 404 error.

The same is the case with me. Till the solution is not found, I am managing it from the shell by using the following commands:

cd /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform
sudo -u www-data /edx/bin/python.edxapp /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/manage.py lms --settings production changepassword [USER_NAME]

I found my problem. It seem that my version of ironwood was too old and some updates haven’t been implemented. I followed this github PR and updated the files manually. Now it works perfectly :slight_smile: