Contributors Meetup Async Update - October 28th, 2023 - November 10th, 2023

Core Contributor Check-In: Oct 28 - Nov 11, 2023

:speaking_head: Let’s find cool stuff to collaborate on!

:mirror_ball: This is cool @Felipe says that what went well this sprint is finalizing the delivery of the Wordpress plugin that allows Open edX instances to sell courses using WooCommerce! :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

This is a summary of responses for the end-of-sprint check-in. The full report is on Listaflow.

:stopwatch: Core Contributor Hours

This sprint we reported 219.25 hours of contributions, which is 3 hours more than the previous sprint of 216.25 hours. It was also reported to be a pretty productive sprint:

However we only achieved 25% response rate. It should be at least 3 times that size, if not 4 :slight_smile:

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Summary of Responses

1. Do you need any help? Or is there anything you’d like to collaborate on?

@braden

2. What should we improve? Are there any blockers?

No comments.

3. What did you accomplish this sprint?

@antoviaque

• Follow-up and answer questions/items from sprint retros feedback
  • Coordination around delegation of OSPRs for busy teams.
  • TOC Discussions about elections issues.

@juancamilom

• 2 more product proposals submitted and started work on documentation for aspects and dashboards review.

@Felipe

• Reviewed PRs 53 and 59 from the wordpress commerce plugin

@gabor

• I was sick.

@ali_hugo

• Completed user interviews about CC processes
  • Reviewed some new product proposals
  • Attended the Contributors Discussion and UX/UI Working Group Meeting

@jill

@Zia_Fazal

• Started work on upgrade tutor-ecommerce and tutor-discovery plugins to quince release
  • Discovery on upload time improvement of Scorm Xblock in case of S3 backend

4. What do you plan to work on in the upcoming sprint?

@jill

• Planning to do more Aspects and Conduct committee work next sprint.

@antoviaque

• Upstreaming MOOC Async Sprint
  • OEP for escalation process to TOC - Follow-up
  • PR Delays - Follow-up

@ali_hugo

• See if there are any patterns in the feedback I received during interviews with CC’s. Determine how to share this feedback with the rest of the community so we can work together to come up with solutions.

@Dean

• To coordinate all the remaining test cases for the Quince test plan and keep informed of GitHub issues blocking the upcoming Quince release.

5. What went well this sprint?

@Felipe

• Finalizing the delivery of the wordpress plugin that allows openedx instances to sell courses using woocommerce

@Dean

@antoviaque

• A first OSPR is being experimentally delegated by the TNL team to the core contributors

@ali_hugo

• I got some interesting (and useful!) feedback from CC’s during user interviews…

@jill

• John Swope’s CC nomination was successful!
  • Sarina has done a great job leading asynchronous discussions to launch the Conduct Committee!
  • I’m getting into a good rhythm for Aspects work.

:speech_balloon: Questions or comments?

Please add any questions or comments you might have below. We’d love to hear from you!

3 Likes