edX is hiring for two Open Source engineers!

The Open edX Community Engineering team at edX is hiring two Open Source engineers. As part of this team you’d be working on extensibility projects (such as Experience Plugins), documentation, Blended projects, and building out the Core Committer program. You’d also be helping to empower the Open edX community through participation in working groups, in the Open edX Slack, on these forums, leading the Open edX conferences, and more!

These positions report into me, the manager of the Community Engineering team. If you’re interested in either of these positions, please read the job description and feel free to reach out to me. Note that applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in these roles. Being part of the Open edX community is a fantastic background!

The positions:

Open Source Software Engineer II: Has 2+ years experience as a software engineer

Open Source Senior Engineer: Has 4+ years experience as a software engineer

If you’re not sure if you meet the requirements for one of the postings, feel free to find me in the Open edX Slack (@sarina) for a chat.

Best,
Sarina

5 Likes

Oops. I forgot to mention that this role is posted for US residents only, from MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT. I think it’s a big bonus, actually, if you wish to work remotely.