Gmail SMTP is not working anymore! Help!

Hey, I was using Gmail’s SMTP to send registration and password reset emails. Apparently it is not working anymore. I have created a new SMTP with sendgrid, but I don’t know how to update them on the linux server. I tried updating with the commands available on the tutor manual, but they are not working anymore. Can someone please suggest me an alternative?

Thanks!

The following tip/suggestion applies to you only if *you were using plain password a.k.a less secure app login to authenticate Django with Gmail/SMTP. Given since 30.05.2022 Google on longer support that:

To help keep your account secure, from May 30, 2022, ​​Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.
Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date.
For more information, continue to read.

ref: Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help

One option is to use App Password Make sure to enable 2-Step Verification first, for the google account you use.

After you generate the app password, replace with the plain password you used previously.

Note: If you change your account main password, you would need to regenerate the app password which you use for GMTP/Django, as per Google doc.

I suggest Mailjet as an alternative.

Please take a look here for other alternatives: Gmail smtp for sending emails appearantly not working anymore - #4 by insad - Tutor - Overhang.IO

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.