Grading multiple units under one subsection

Hello everyone,

How does grading work when we have multiple lab units under one subsection?

I have a subsection with three Lab units . At the subsection level I configured Grading with “Grade as: Lab”.
I have one Lab Assignment Type in Settings → Grading with a Weight of Total Grades set to 100.

I would expect that for each Lab unit where I pass the Lab, I get a 33-ish% score.

What happens is that when I pass a single Lab Unit, I get a Lab score of 100% and a Total score of 100%. This is without even attempting the labs in the other two units.

After attempting all three labs, I reset my score to 0, and try again to submit answers for all three Labs. At this second try, I get the behavior I expect:

• after I pass the Lab in the first unit I get a 33% Lab and Total score
  • after I pass the Lab in the second unit I get a 67% Lab and Total score
  • after I pass the Lab in the third unit I get a 100% Lab and Total score.

If I chose to delete the learner’s state, I’m back to getting full score of 100% for the first lab without even attempting the other two.

I’d really appreciate some help here. I’ve been struggling to understand and define this problem so much that I dreamed about it last night. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much in advance,
Elena Lindqvist

I have setup a course with single Lab Assignment and it works as expected. My all 3 units are in single subsection. Here are my Lab assignment settings

Hi @elenalindq - Could you possibly share your grading setup from Studio and ensure that all is set how it should be (i.e. no droppable, correct number of assignments with the correct grade weighting)?

I expect you’ve probably done this, I just want to make sure the basics are covered before I start wildly speculating :slight_smile:

Thank you for your replies! I’m happy to hear it should work!
Here is my Grading setup:

Here are the course subsections and units.

I’ll keep on digging but I of course appreciate all help! I’ll gladly take any wild speculations! :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Elena

I want to add here that my Lab units contain library content, in case this makes a difference.