How can i change login domain

how can i change the domain for login page wwith tutor setup, i just change the domain for cms, lms ( ip address) so when i login or reg, the site redirect to apps.192.154.xx.xx so it not work

Hi @hi_u_nguy_n

Welcome to the community.

IP address don’t support subdomains. It’s not valid, as the IP address is not a domain, it can’t have a subdomain.

What you can do is point your domain to required IP and then it’ll work.

So it’ll be something like
LMS_URL = YOUR_DOMAIN
Studio_URL = studio.YOUR_DOMAIN or if you want your can enter another entry here too
Login/ MFE URL = apps.YOUR_DOMAIN

Note that studio and apps are subdomain over here.

1 Like

@chintan
Is it mandatory to use app.domain. for auth page, in lms I put ip: 10.206.246.31, in cms I put 10.206.246.32, it works, I can put Login/ MFE URL: 10.206.246.33 (subIP) k

yes, you must own an actual domain name. DNS resolves your Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) back to an IP address, you should not configure your server to use an IP address where there should be a domain name.

In summary, you’d want to have a:

It’s generally regarded as a bad move to use multiple IP addresses for each different subdomain unless you have some special requirements, but it sounds to me like you’re just wasting IPv4 address space. Only 1 single IP is required to operate a standard Tutor deployment

1 Like

[quote="joelbạn
Thank you both

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.