How to install python packages in edx-platform folder while using Tutor?

Hello,
I want to implement the python package in tutor, I have read some docs that say I need to create a package in env/build/openedx/requirements/ folder and point it in the private.txt file and at last I need to rebuild the image. That worked! But my question is can I put my packages in edx-platform instead of putting them in env/build/openedx/requirements/ folder and point to the private.txt file?
The reason behind asking this question is that what if I want to create a new python package for another project, and where will I point in a single private.txt file to install my new package, I think it will be messed up with multiple projects that use a tutor in the same machine to install the requirements in a different project. Need a good solution for these kinda issue.
Thanks in advance.

try to go to shell and run requirement intall there or you can use make requirements

Have you tried simply having a different Tutor root directory for each different project? I use that for local testing. If you export TUTOR_ROOT=directory1 before running a tutor command, the build environment should be completely separate from if instead doing an export TUTOR_ROOT=directory2.

3 Likes

Yeah, I forgot to think about it and also I have read about the TUTOR_ROOT so, I guess it could be the solution. Thanks, @arbrandes for your suggestion. Really Appreciated!

here I found something like this: Local deployment — Tutor documentation

1 Like