Install failure during "edxlocal: create databases"

hi sir , i need help!
I try to install open edx juniper.3 on ubuntu server16.04 .I was able to complete steps 1 - 4 successfully with no errors.
in step 5 i get this error :

TASK [edxlocal : create databases] *********************************************
failed: [localhost] (item=ecommerce) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “ecommerce”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=dashboard) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “dashboard”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=xqueue) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “xqueue”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=edxapp) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “edxapp”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=edxapp_csmh) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “edxapp_csmh”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=edx_notes_api) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “edx_notes_api”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=analytics-api) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “analytics-api”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=reports) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “reports”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
failed: [localhost] (item=blockstore) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “blockstore”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
skipping: [localhost] => (item=)
failed: [localhost] (item=discovery) => {“changed”: false, “item”: “discovery”, “msg”: “unable to find /root/.my.cnf. Exception message: (1045, “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”)”}
to retry, use: --limit @/var/tmp/configuration/playbooks/openedx_native.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=60 changed=13 unreachable=0 failed=1

============================================================
Ansible failed!

Decoded error:
== msg ===========================
non-zero return code

Installation failed!

If you need help, see https://open.edx.org/getting-help .
When asking for help, please provide as much information as you can.
These might be helpful:
Your log file is at /home/hadji/logs/install-20200827-201911.log
Your environment:
OPENEDX_RELEASE=open-release/juniper.3

please help me

in step 5 i just type this cammand : sudo wget https: / / raw.githubusercontent.com / edx / configuration / $OPENEDX_RELEASE / util / install / native.sh - O - | bash

this the error message i get it : AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘SSL_ST_INIT’

Then i try to resolve the problem by unistall pyOpenSSL and reinstall it , the next message that appeared next is the one mentioned above

I don’t know why you used “sudo” on step 5. You don’t need to. It sounds to me like something went wrong earlier, and you “fixed it” and moved on. Perhaps it wasn’t fixed in the right way. For example, I don’t know why you’d get that AttributeError. You shouldn’t have to reinstall pyOpenSSL.

Start over with a new machine, and follow the instructions exactly. They will work.

i try with new machine , my ubuntu server 16.04 was installed on virtualbox and i follow this guide : https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OpenOPS/pages/146440579/Native+Open+edX+platform+Ubuntu+16.04+64+bit+Installation

but i don’t setup key based SSH logins because i work on local machine (!! is this the problem?)

step 1 : ok
step 2 : ok
step 3 : when type wget urlsite it’s required a password ( i type my password : ok )
step 4 : ok
step 5 : when type wget urlsite it’s required a password and i get this the error message :

Ansible failed!
------------------------------------------------------------

Decoded error:
== module_stderr ===========================
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1598612922.21-60828367075270/AnsiballZ_apt.py", line 113, in <module>
    _ansiballz_main()
  File "/root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1598612922.21-60828367075270/AnsiballZ_apt.py", line 105, in _ansiballz_main
    invoke_module(zipped_mod, temp_path, ANSIBALLZ_PARAMS)
  File "/root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1598612922.21-60828367075270/AnsiballZ_apt.py", line 48, in invoke_module
    imp.load_module('__main__', mod, module, MOD_DESC)
  File "/tmp/ansible_apt_payload_2Taugk/__main__.py", line 269, in <module>
  File "/tmp/ansible_apt_payload_2Taugk/ansible_apt_payload.zip/ansible/module_utils/urls.py", line 95, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 46, in <module>
    import OpenSSL.SSL
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 118, in <module>
    SSL_ST_INIT = _lib.SSL_ST_INIT
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSL_ST_INIT'

== msg ===========================
MODULE FAILURE
See stdout/stderr for the exact error

Installation failed!
------------------------------------------------------------
If you need help, see https://open.edx.org/getting-help .
When asking for help, please provide as much information as you can.
These might be helpful:
    Your log file is at /home/hadji/logs/install-20200828-120741.log
    Your environment:
        OPENEDX_RELEASE=open-release/juniper.3
Installation finished at 2020-08-28 12:08:42

You shouldn’t need to type passwords. Your error message shows that you are running Ansible in Python 2.7, which shouldn’t be happening.

What account are you using to log in on the machine?

i use the account that i created during the setup of ubuntu

hadji@ubuntuserver:~$ who am i
hadji pts/1 2020-08-28 12:05 (::1)

I’m sorry, I don’t understand why you are seeing different results. If you could capture the entire session, with all the commands and output, and put them in a pastebin, we might find a clue.

Hi sir ,
this the capture of the entire session, with all the commands and output:
step 1 : hadji@ubuntuserver:~$ sudo apt-get update -y[sudo] password for hadji: Hit:1 - Pastebin.com
step 2 : hadji@ubuntuserver:~$ export OPENEDX_RELEASE=open-release/juniper.3 - Pastebin.com
step 3 : hadji@ubuntuserver:~$ gedit//i past this :# The host names of LMS and Stud - Pastebin.com
step 4 : adji@ubuntuserver:~$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/edx/configuration/$O - Pastebin.com
step 5 : // step 5 also required a passwordhadji@ubuntuserver:~$ wget https://raw.git - Pastebin.com
thank you sir

I don’t see where you did step #3 from the instructions:

1. Bootstrap the Ansible installation:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/edx/configuration/$OPENEDX_RELEASE/util/install/ansible-bootstrap.sh -O - | sudo -E bash

i am sorry , i forget to past step 3 . this is the link of the step 3:

The only difference I can see is that your account requires you to type your password. I don’t know if that is affecting the installation. Try changing that.

sorry i can’t understand , what i will change?

i log in my system as superuser , now it doesn’t require a password but the problem stay the same :
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘SSL_ST_INIT’