managing tutors limits

Hello everyone,

We have many instructors for different courses. The problem is that all instructors can view and edit each other’s courses.

How can I put a limit for an instructor that they cannot edit each other’s courses? Is there any feature for this situation in the studio?

Thanks in advance.

You only need add team group in lms under tab instructor membership and remove staff on django for each instructor.

1 Like

@Hilal_Gungor,

Like @sbernesto correctly pointed out, you have to use the “Course team membership” feature to assign the staff permissions to users to grant them staff permissions only on specific courses.

The is_staff permission granted to them via the Django admin interface makes them a “global” staff user and that grants them staff access to all the courses on the instance.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem as @Hilal_Gungor, but if I deactivate the “Staff” check for the user, it does not show the “Create course” button
How could I make it show the “Create course” button without being activated as staff.
Thanks!

Hi @mlema, welcome to the community!

Non staff users can also create courses, but they should see a button to ask for being a course creator. Once they click on this button, and admin should be able to grant course creators privileges in Studio’s Django admin under the Course Creators section. Note that it is not in the LMS’s Django admin, but in Studio’s.
Hope it helps!

1 Like