I have some old Eucalyptus backups to restore, and bring up to Juniper.
Really I just want to DB migrate MongoDB and MySQL all the way up from Eucalyptus to Juniper.
Attempts thus far, and their success:
Official .box files for Vagrant use: deploy of
- Next attempt with this Vagrant box—this time on Ubuntu host—worked but ended with a
- openfun/openedx-docker: deploy worked, database restore started to show promise, then realised there aren’t that many versions of the images available; and upgrading each within the currently-running container would be quite annoying and error prone
- So I rewrote
openfun/openedx-dockerin Python (Fabric), but got errors from
proj.settingsnot being defined
- Native Ubuntu 16.04 install failed due to this sanity check; removing sanity-check left other errors
- Native Ubuntu 12.04 install failed due to PGP errors from
69464050not being verifiable (see util/install/ansible-bootstrap.sh)
So it’s time to give up. I’ve just deployed the latest Juniper on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 [cloud] VM.
My plan is to:
- Backup MongoDB and MySQL in latest Juniper [of demo course and demo users]
- Restore older backups to the right version of MongoDB and MySQL
- Compare schema of older backups to schema of Juniper
- Write custom SQL and MongoDB queries to translate from old to new
With this in mind, are there any existent schema-level documentation? - Preferably with changelogs?