Problem with Ironwood installation of edx-notes-api

Hello, I’ve been following the blog from Lawrence Mcdaniel on installing the notes and annotations api, and I have run in to some problems that I have not found answered on any discussion forums.

I am able to complete up through step 3 (creating a linux user “edx-notes-api” and mysql user with ansible).

When I try to complete step 4 (installing the django app), I run into problems.
First, I created a server-vars.yml file based on the Stanford Template to fix the initial errors, but when I run the following lines of code:

source /edx/app/edx_ansible/venvs/edx_ansible/bin/activate
cd /edx/app/edx_ansible/edx_ansible/playbooks/edx-east
sudo ansible-playbook -i ‘localhost,’ -c local ./notes.yml -e@/edx/app/edx_ansible/server-vars.yml

I get the following error:

TASK [git_clone : Checkout code over https] ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
failed: [localhost] (item=(censored due to no_log)) => {“censored”: “the output has been hidden due to the fact that ‘no_log: true’ was specified for this result”}
to retry, use: --limit @/edx/app/edx_ansible/edx_ansible/playbooks/notes.retry

Previously I was getting an error that said:
TASK [edx_notes_api : Install application requirements] failed… no matching distribution found for django-cors-headers==3.2.1…
but I am unable to backtrack and corroborate the new error I am getting after playing around and re-cloning the edx-notes-api repo.

The notes tab is showing up, but when I click on the notes tab from the “learner” view - I get a 500 error.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Have you check this out? link

I have, it did not work for me, unfortunately.

Did you get rid of this error?

TASK [edx_notes_api : Install application requirements] failed… no matching distribution found for django-cors-headers==3.2.1

Did you try to force the installation of django-cors-headers==3.2.1 and change your version from master to open-release/ironwood.master?

I was not able to get rid of that error - some playing with the requirements and base file gave me different, but similar errors. I changed the version, did everything from the comment from the link you sent, and was still unable to get a successful installation. It is not critical path for me right now, so I put it off until later.

1 Like