Problems enabling Open edX Search

Thank you very much for your support @joshm, now I see things more clear. It seems my problem is with the Discovery service.

• When I try to run the catalog through CLI commands as ./manage.py lms cache_programs it gives a Server Error calling to /api/v1/pathways/?exclude_utm=1&page=1. I’ve notice the service depends on the value of COURSE_CATALOG_URL in admin/site/site_configuration. If I put localhost it gives a generic 500 and if I put the server name it throws a Connection Error.

• When opening /courses/ page, there is a call to /search/course_discovery/ that returns a JSON of empty facets: {"facets": {"org": {"total": 0, "terms": {}, "other": 0}, "modes": {"total": 0, "terms": {}, "other": 0}, "language": {"total": 0, "terms": {}, "other": 0}}, "total": 0, "max_score": null, "took": 2, "results": []}

The problem is that I don’t know how to test the Discovery service further than $ sudo /edx/bin/supervisorctl status (that shows service is RUNNING) and could not find any documentation further than this one that seems to be outdated, as I cannot find the commands provided (neither in /edx/app/edxapp nor /edx/app/discovery).

Thanks for any help

Regards

PD: /courses/ page works like you said, switching off FEATURES["ENABLE_COURSE_DISCOVERY"] shows all the courses, but that is not what I am looking for :frowning: And what a pity we don’t have the page shown in edx.org

PD2: Finally I managed to enable course reindexing by adding the following values in lms.env.json:

"COURSE_DISCOVERY_FILTERS": ["org", "language", "modes"],
    "COURSE_DISCOVERY_MEANINGS": {
            "org": {
                    "name": "Organization"
            },
            "modes": {
                    "name": "Course Type",
                    "terms": {
                            "honor": "Honor",
                            "verified": "Verified"
                            }
                    },