Request for Feedback: Personalized Course Content Schedules

I’ve been working on giving edx-platform the ability to support personalized schedules for course content in self-paced courses. In short, we’re adding support for assigning relative dates to content, and then interpreting those date offsets relative to the point at which a user gets access to the self-paced course’s content (either when the course starts, or when the user enrolls, whichever is later).

The ADR for the changes is currently in PR form, and I’d love feedback on it (even once the ADR merges).

Here’s the ADR: https://github.com/edx/edx-platform/pull/22914

4 Likes

@cpennington

Above mentioned feature is available on Openedx master branch now?

Yes, in a rough form. The core functionality landed last week, behind a set of waffle flags and configuration models. The management functionality should land soon.

1 Like

Hi all,
Is this function working? I’ve tried enabling course_experience.relative_dates and studio.custom_relative_dates waffle flags but still cannot see the “Due in” box mentioned in the documentation.
I’ve found that edx-platform/self-paced-due-date-editor.underscore at master · edx/edx-platform · GitHub has something to do, but it is presesnt in lilac.master, but not in lilac.2 yet. Am I missing something or is it under development yet?

1 Like

Dear Andrés:

Could you find any solution for your problem? I am dealing with it.

I would appreciate your comment.

Julio

Hi @Julio_Cesar_Caiza! Welcome to the forum!

You have to set these two waffle flags, and enable to everyone:

• studio.custom_relative_dates
  • course_experience.relative_dates

The course must be self-paced and it works at subsection level. The subsection must be graded. Then you will see the Due In box in the subsection settings:

Note that this commands only the results of a graded subsection, not the content itself.

Thank you a lot, Andrés.

:slight_smile: