There has been an error with your export

Hi friends,

On my edx server I am trying to export a course , then I got those errors :

There has been an error with your export.

Your course could not be exported to XML. There is not enough information to identify the failed component. Inspect your course to identify any problematic components and try again. The raw error message is: All strings must be XML compatible: Unicode or ASCII, no NULL bytes or control characters

On the cms log file I get this logs :

Jan 22 09:21:20 server90 [service_variant=cms][xmodule.video_module.video_handlers][env:sandbox] ERROR [server90 30139] [video_handlers.py:343] - [Translation Dispatch] block-v1:1+2+12c+type@video+block@09a6ede737a7411a80f52dc444847860
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/video_handlers.py”, line 332, in transcript
youtube_id=request.GET.get(‘videoId’),
File “/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 1018, in get_transcript
transcripts_info=transcripts_info
File “/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 64, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwds)
File “/edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 971, in get_transcript_from_contentstore
lang=language
NotFoundError: No transcript for en language

What can be the problem on my site?

@Shukurlu, It seems like there is some video in your course without a transcript set.
Have you checked to see that all videos in your course have a transcript?
Do you have transcripts for languages other than English?

We’ve had this issue when there has been a change of storage location, so a transcript was uploaded and stored in one S3 bucket, but then when it came time to export the bucket was no longer available.

We also had the same issue. Source from server which doesnot have s3(import) to the destination set up with Minio. Error as below

File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 1058, in get_transcript
return get_transcript_from_val(edx_video_id, lang, output_format)
File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 72, in wrapper
File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 857, in get_transcript_from_val
raise NotFoundError(u’Transcript not found for {}, lang: {}’.format(edx_video_id, lang))
xmodule.exceptions.NotFoundError: Transcript not found for 64838edf-3740-4eed-b2cf-443db6fcd0aa, lang: en

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/video_handlers.py”, line 341, in transcript
youtube_id=request.GET.get(‘videoId’),
File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 1065, in get_transcript
transcripts_info=transcripts_info
File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 72, in wrapper
File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/video_module/transcripts_utils.py”, line 941, in get_transcript_from_contentstore
lang=language
xmodule.exceptions.NotFoundError: No transcript for en language

@Antony_Suresh were you able to resolve the issue? I’m facing the same issue with following logs

TypeError: Unicode-objects must be encoded before hashing
[2020-12-11 09:29:02,847: INFO/Worker-1] VAL: Video created with id [54454916-47e9-4769-8b41-06062d0b7e8c] and status [external]
[2020-12-11 09:29:02,860: ERROR/Worker-1] [VAL] Transcript save failed to storage for video_id “54454916-47e9-4769-8b41-06062d0b7e8c” language code “en”

It happens when I try to import my course from one server to another.