Tutor: Potential upgrade problem from Maple to Nutmeg with user tours?

I had Maple installed on one of my test servers.

After installing Nutmeg, and before running tutor local quickstart I ran * tutor local upgrade --from=maple

I got the following error message when it tried to backpopulate the user tours for Nutmeg:

django.db.utils.ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'openedx.user_tours_usertour' doesn't exist")
Error: Command failed with status 1: docker-compose -f /home/ubuntu/.local/share/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.yml -f /home/ubuntu/.local/share/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.prod.yml -f /home/ubuntu/.local/share/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.tmp.yml --project-name tutor_local run --rm lms sh -e -c ./manage.py lms backpopulate_user_tours

Is it possible there is a missing migration somewhere during the upgrade command? Do we still need to run the upgrade command? Maybe that table is not created at the time the upgrade command is run?

I tried running tutor local quickstart afterwards even if I was concerned the upgrade command did not work until the end. It did complete with success.

I had no problem running the ./manage.py lms backpopulate_user_tours afterwards.

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

1 Like

This was reported here: Migration needed before upgrade_from_maple · Issue #689 · overhangio/tutor · GitHub
And is being handled here: fix: upgrade_from_maple issue by ibrmora · Pull Request #692 · overhangio/tutor · GitHub

1 Like