AMEA community meetup (EVERYONE welcome!)

Hi everybody! :wave:

I am (finally) following in the footsteps of the sensational @sarina by scheduling an AMEA community meetup.

Like the the last AMEA meetup, this one is at 0700 UTC (and if that time makes your eyes water, then you’ll understand why we who occupy the other half of the world need our own meetups! :grin: ).

Google calendar invite

Zoom link
0700 Thu 12 Jan 2023 UTC

I’ve invited everyone off the current CC list who I suspect is in a favourable timezone. But I’ve surely missed people, and absolutely everyone is welcome to attend, so please add yourself in and come along!

Agenda

In the spirit of the first meet-up, we’ll keep it simple, and discuss:

Eveyone is also very welcome to reply on this thread with things to discuss during or after the meetup. We’ll post notes in Confluence if any interesting action items arise, and will post a link to the meeting recording afterwards.

:fireworks: :firecracker: :tada: :partying_face: :sparkler:
Wishing everyone a great year ahead, and hope to see you at the meetup!
:sparkler: :man_dancing: :business_suit_levitating: :handshake: :fireworks:

3 Likes

EDIT Apologies, I’ve moved the meeting to Thu 12 Jan, and updated the original post accordingly.

Hi @jill

I’ll put it in my agenda. No promises. I might attend if I am not in bed by then (2 AM - 3 AM) on the east coast of Canada.

Oh my mistake @sambapete … I blanked and thought you were in Europe! No pressure :slight_smile:

Thanks for organizing this meetup. It was great to get to know you and to chat with you.
I created a slack-channel for our group. Feel free to join: #amea-community

2 Likes

We had a great meet-up! Thanks to everyone for joining: @Nicole_Kessler @ali_hugo @chintan @Maksim_Sokolskiy @omar @xitij2000 @farhaanbukhsh

It was great to put faces with names, and we had some good discussions! Looking forward to chatting more on Discourse/Slack, and seeing as many of you as possible at the conference, hearing your talks and discussions there.

6 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

Weren’t able to attend the last AMEA meetup? No sweat - the next one’s coming up next month! We’ll be meeting at 07:00 UTC on Thursday 16 Feb. Details to follow…

P.s. @jill Thanks for your stellar organisational skills for the previous meetup. Big shoes to fill! :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry I missed the first one :melting_face:

1 Like

Hello! :wave:

It’s almost time for the next AMEA (Africa, Middle East, Asia/Australia) community meetup. So if you find yourself anywhere east of Senegal and west of New Zealand on 16 Feb, please join in! The meetup is a nice way for community members to get together and chat about anything and everything Open edX …or just to get to know one another a bit better :slight_smile: .

Google calendar invite

Anybody and everybody is welcome to attend, so please spread the word! I’ve invited everyone from the previous meetup’s invite, but I’m sure there are more community members that would like to attend. If you know of anyone, please give them a holler :mega: (and send them a link to this post).

Agenda

I’ve added a few items to the agenda below, but would love to hear your suggestions! Please ping me on this thread if you have any ideas for discussion points. I’m all ears.

• Lightning intros
    Your name, location, and your connection to Open edX

• Open edX Conference 2023
    Are you attending the conference, either in-person or online? What are you hoping to gain/learn/experience?

• Help from the community
    Could you do with some help from the community (ideas, reviews, collaboration etc) on current or future projects?

• …anything else you’d like to discuss?

Hope to see you at the meetup! :rocket:

2 Likes

Looking forward to the meetup tomorrow :slight_smile: See you there @ali_hugo

2 Likes

@chintan @jill @farhaanbukhsh @Cassie

Thanks for a great meet-up! :slightly_smiling_face: It was so good to get to know you all a bit better, and to hear about what you’re working on at the moment.

Here’s the meeting recording for those of you who couldn’t attend (it’ll be available for 30 days).

Thanks to @farhaanbukhsh for offering to organize next month’s meet-up :clap:. Hope to see you all then!

6 Likes

Hello! :wave:

It’s almost time for the next AMEA (Africa, Middle East, Asia/Australia) community meetup. So if you find yourself anywhere east of Senegal and west of New Zealand on 17 May, please join in! The meetup is a nice way for community members to get together and chat about anything and everything Open edX …or just to get to know one another a bit better :slight_smile: .

Google calendar invite

Anybody and everybody is welcome to attend, so please spread the word! I’ve invited everyone from the previous meetup’s invite, but I’m sure there are more community members that would like to attend. If you know of anyone, please give them a holler :mega: (and send them a link to this post).

Agenda

I’ve added a few items to the agenda below, but would love to hear your suggestions! Please ping me on this thread if you have any ideas for discussion points. I’m all ears.

• Lightning intros
    Your name, location, and your connection to Open edX
  • Open edX Conference 2023
    Post conference discussion, who all did you meet? Interesting insights from the talks.
    Could you do with some help from the community (ideas, reviews, collaboration etc) on current or future projects?

Hope to see you at the meetup! :rocket:

3 Likes

It was me and @jill who attended the meetup and ended up having a fantastic conversation about everything. We(me and @jill) nominated @Cassie to organize the next meet-up (tag :man_running:, you are it !)

:joy: Kidding, we thought you will be interested to do that let me know if this doesn’t work.

Hope more people will be able to attend the next one.

3 Likes

Hahaha @farhaanbukhsh and @jill! I’m happy to organise the next meetup.

Sorry I couldn’t attend. Glad you and Jill could have a little heart to heart :wink:

3 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

The next AMEA Meetup will be 07:00 UTC on Thursday 29 June.

Details to follow…

3 Likes

Yay!! Thank you @Cassie :smile:

1 Like

I am in @Cassie

1 Like

Hi everyone! :tada:

Our next AMEA (Africa, Middle East, Asia/Australia) community meetup is on the 29th of June 2023. The meetup lets community members connect and chat all things Open edX :raised_hands:

Google calendar invite

I can’t wait to see your faces :slight_smile: I’ve invited everyone in the previous meetup’s invite, but if you know of anyone who’d like to attend ping me on Slack with their email address. Everyone is invited!

Agenda

I’ve added a few items to the agenda below, but would love to hear your suggestions!

• Lightning intros

• Your name, and location
    • What’s the best TV show/book you’re watching/reading right now?
  • What are you working on right now?
    Chat to the community about it, or better yet demo it!

• Are you involved in any Working Groups?

• Tell us about the working groups you’re part of, and their goals.
    • How do Working Groups benefit you?

Hope to see you at the meetup! :blush:

3 Likes

Hope to see you all tomorrow :slight_smile: Everyone welcome!

Hi everyone, @jill and I had a lovely catch up in the AMEA call :slight_smile:

Since no one really attends these meet ups, we thought it might be best to put them on the back burner for now. We can always resurrect them if there is interest again :raised_hands:

If anyone has any alternative ideas though, please post in this thread!

1 Like