Can I add a plugin to enable `self generation` for all courses by default?

Hi, I am trying to make life easier for people who will be adding certificates for courses. Now, every time I need to add a certificate for courses to enable users to “Request” it, I need to go to http://local.edly.io/admin/certificates/certificategenerationcoursesetting/add/ and add a generation course setting that enables Self generation and I need to enter the course key. I don’t want to be doing this for every single course run. I dont fully understand the hooks.Filters.ENV_PATCHES etc used in plugins, but as far as I understand, plugins are the way to customize such things in openedx. Is there perhaps an option that I can set to true so that all courses by default have self configuration enabled? For example, I set the default course mode to be honor, that way I dont need to create a course mode for each re-run with a plugin like this (Faraz32123 gave me the following code on a github issue):

from tutor import hooks

hooks.Filters.ENV_PATCHES.add_items([
    (
        "openedx-common-settings",
        "COURSE_MODE_DEFAULTS['name'] = 'Honor'"
    ),
    (
        "openedx-common-settings",
        "COURSE_MODE_DEFAULTS['slug'] = 'honor'"
    ),
])

Can I do a similar plugin to enable self generation by default for all courses? Also, I wouldn’t want to deviate from the original question but, is there a list where we can see which things we are able to customize using plugins? For example, a list of all functions/properties usable inside ENV_PATCHES or a list of all properties of hooks.Filters etc.? Because I’d like to do this automation for a number of things, in different services too. For example. I’d like to also add a seat automatically for every course added in the discovery service, with a default ‘honor’ type, I now how to do all of this manually.

Thank you.