Can't find lms.yml and studio.yml

• Installed OpenEdx(IronWood) on Linux
  • Goal: Adding Custom Fields to the Registration Page
  • Problem: According to this doc it is referring to lms.yml and studios.yml which is not there in my project directory. I found sub-directories ./devstack-workspace/edx-platform/lms/devstack.yml and ./devstack-workspace/edx-platform/cms/devstack.yml to be quite similar but then variables like REGISTRATION_EXTENSION_FORM or ADDL_INSTALLED_APPS were nowhere to be seen.

Ques: Where can I find these variables/files?

1 Like

Hey @Hrithik_Raj,

1. you are following the latest version of the document. this version belongs to ironwood which you have installed.
  2. you have to open an LMS shell to find the configuration files. so run make lms-shell command from your workspace/devstack directory.
  3. when you open the configuration files, you may not find some variables. you have to add them manually.

good luck

1 Like

followed your steps. But it seems like the problem is still the same. I can’t find lms.env.json and cms.env.json
here’s what i did:

• make lms-shell in devstack directory. (new prompt shows root@lms with edx-platform as pwd)
  • cd .. because it was mentioned in the docs that lms.env.json and cms.env.json are present in one directory above the edx-platform.
  • here’s what ls shows
  • I can see reload_cms_config.sh and reload_lms_config.sh. On executing them the output yeilds
    unix:///edx/var/supervisor/supervisor.sock no such file. I checked with sudo systemctl status supervisord and it says its active.

HELP

are you sure you’re on ironwood release? what I see in the picture is that your devstack has checked out from the master branch. am I wrong?
BTW from the shell, you have just opened, try to find /edx/etc/lms.yml. it should exist even if you’ve installed ironwood release. but in ironwood json files have more priority.

1 Like