Certificate Link is Not Appearing on Instructor Dashboard

Hi,
I am using edx ginkgo version, I had enable course Certificates and can able to preview certificate from Studio as Admin staff user, but when i View live version of that course and comes down to Instructor dashboard i can’t see Certificate Link after Analytics. i am using an Instructor-paced course.

Followings things i already done:

1. modify lms.env.json and cms.env.json, add following
    CERTIFICATES_HTML_VIEW: true,
    CERTIFICATES_INSTRUCTOR_GENERATION: true

2. Enabling Course Mode from Django admin

3. Course Studio Advanced Settings > Certificate Web/HTML View field set to true.

4. create certificate & add signature in Studio: Settings > Certificate

anything i am missing ?

1 Like

Hello @deep06 ,

Follow this link to enable certificates in open edX.

Thanks Jramnai,

But i already have certificates activated in Course i can even preview it in Studio. But i am not getting Certificate Link in Instructor Dashboard at LMS.

Have you set this in admin panel?

Check this once and enable it. Restart your service.

Hi jramnai,

i had also done that too, please have a look into attach screen shot.
Please let me know , if i am missing some thing.

Have you changed mode of the course for which you are not able to see the certificate in instructor tab? Set course mode to honor or verified, cause certificates are available in these modes only.

If yes, then i am out of pointers now.

i had only enabled honor mode, let me check with other modes.

thanks for you help.

Hi deep06!
I see the same issue on my platform. Have you maybe solved yours?

Hi Filip,
nope, still there with my Ginkgo instance. So i am planning to install hawthorn on a fresh VM and will look into this certificate issue.

@deep06
Did it resolve? I am using Ironwood version. Helps if you share the solution

@chinmaybhatk @deep06 We recently ran into similar issues with certificates. Here are some tips that may help.

If the ‘Certificate’ tab is not shown on the instructor dashboard: in the Django Admin, navigate to “Certificates” > “Certificate generation configurations”, then select “Add certificate generation configuration”. Check “enabled” and save.

If you want to enable ‘Student-Generated Certificates’ for a self-paced course, but the button to enable it isn’t shown on the instructor dashboard “Certificates” tab: student generated certificates should be auto enabled for self-paced courses, and so the button is hidden. Sometimes though, there is a bug that causes student generated certificates to not be auto enabled for self-paced courses. There are two options when this happens:

1. Apply the patch from edx/edx-platform#23735 to unhide the button. Then you can click the button to enable student-generated certificates.
  2. Perform an action from Studio that will trigger a publish event. For example, make a change to a unit and publish the changes. This should trigger the action to enable student-generated certificates. Note that this is simpler because it doesn’t require code changes, but it may not be reliable - option 1 is more reliable.
6 Likes

Update for anyone using the patch from SE-2483 Unhide student-generated certificates toggle by swalladge · Pull Request #23735 · edx/edx-platform · GitHub : this isn’t likely to be accepted upstream and our clients are no longer using this. We’ve decided to drop development.

If you’re using this patch in production, please see this comment from the edX product team for options to move forward with addressing the underlying issue.

@chinmaybhatk @deep06 @fghaas

1 Like

Ack, thanks for following up here!