Contributors Meetup Async Update - October 14th, 2023 - October 27th, 2023

Core Contributor Check-In: Oct 15 - Oct 29, 2023

Read all about it! Here is a summary of responses for the end-of-sprint check-in. The full report is on Listaflow.

:speaking_head: THIS JUST IN!

The 2024 Open edX® Conference will be held at Stellenbosch University in Cape Town, South Africa.

Caption: A photo of the Red Plain (Rooiplein) in the middle of campus, which sits above a large underground library

Stellenbosch is a huge university town with over 30,000 students, surrounded by hundreds of fruit and wine farms, as well as local apple, grape and pear tizers, it’s a famous rugby factory, plus it’s my alma mater so let me know if you have any questions about the place!

:stopwatch: Core Contributor Hours

A relatively low 216.25 hours of contributions were reported this sprint. We had over 500 hours reported this time last year.

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Summary of Responses

1. Do you need any help? Or is there anything you’d like to collaborate on?

@sarina

@marcotuts

• Would love input / feedback on the proposal drafts we have started or guidance on how Schema could help advance other proposals on the product / design input side of things!

@Dean

2. What should we improve? Are there any blockers?

@sambapete

• Couldn’t create an account on the demo server for testing Quince. Didn’t want to use default provided account.

3. What did you accomplish this sprint?

@juancamilom

• Kept working in the product proposals for ORA2 enhancements. explored the credentials documentation and repo in preparation for for the unidigital contributions there explored the aspects beta and documentation for the last part of unidigital contributions there.

@sambapete

• Attended Build-Test-Release WG meeting. Attended Transalations WG meeting.
  • Translated and reviewed strings for fr_CA in the edx-platform and openedx-translations projects.

@Dean

• Announced the start of testing and performed a dozen test cases.

@ali_hugo

• Reviewed EduNext’s latest product proposal
  • Held user interviews with 2 Core Contributors to get their feedback on our CC processes
  • Started collating feedback from user interviews
  • Cast my vote in the TOC elections

@jill

@Cassie

• Campus WG Call
  • Graded Discussions Product Spec Planning
  • Open edX Conference Branding Design 2024
  • User Interview Core Contributor Processes with Ali Hugo

@Zia_Fazal

@marcotuts

• Working group meetings: Product Core, Mobile, UX/UI, in this two week period (No educators WG meeting in this time)
  • Drafted product contribution proposal documents for new Short Response XBlock + Teams v2 (in Confluence) and collaborated with designers / other team members on iterations for these proposals.
  • Initial UX/UI team sharing for collaborative Figma collateral process to support multiple organizations contributing to shared mobile figma collateral.

@sarina

• Not a lot, still getting re-oriented after my time off

@antoviaque

4. What do you plan to work on in the upcoming sprint?

@Cassie

• Graded Discussions Product Spec

@marcotuts

• Continued engagement with working groups, continued product contribution process work.
  • Continued progress on mobile figma collateral / shared processes.

@jill

@ali_hugo

• Complete the user interviews and put the feedback into an easy-to-digest format

@antoviaque

• PR Delays - Follow-up
  • Contributors WG - Groom github board & tickets
  • Core sprints - New CC sprints & write doc

5. What went well this sprint?

@Cassie

• I finally got started on the Graded Discussions spec, which while a funded project, is functionality mapped out on our roadmap.

@ali_hugo

• We got some interesting feedback about our Core Contributor processes in the user interviews.
  • The new product proposal process seems to be working well for the first few proposals that have followed it.

@antoviaque

• First “real” learners on the upstreaming onboarding course! :slight_smile:
  • Much more done! Being on a timezone where (almost) everyone is sleeping while I work helps a ton ;p

@marcotuts

• Initial time tracking progress (though this could still use some work, keep forgetting to track).

@jill

• So much great work has gone into the Aspects project! There’s so many charts and dashboards now, and the Tutor deployment process refactoring made it very easy to add more.

:speech_balloon: Questions or comments?

Great! Please add any questions or comments you might have below. We’d love to hear from you!

3 Likes