Deprecation: Insights repositories and docs

This is a sub-issue of the main Insights DEPR, covering the archiving of the Insights repositories and removing / updating documentation as appropriate.

The ticket is here: [DEPR]: Mark Insights repos as deprecated and move to edx-unsupported · Issue #227 · openedx/public-engineering · GitHub

Proposal Date 2024-02-07
Target Ticket Acceptance Date 2024-02-29
Earliest Open edX Named Release Without This Functionality Redwood - 2024-04
Rationale Per the accepted #221 DEPR, this issue will cover the first steps of removal. This is just a sub-ticket for more easily managing this extraordinarily large DEPR.

3 Likes

I sort of wanna say good-riddance, but insights was fun and helped a lot to understand how things work.
But for all the headaches it’s given to me, I’d still say, Good Riddance.

3 Likes

This has been accepted and work can begin at any time, though the first set of work will just be marking the repository READMEs as deprecated. I’ll leave at least a week between then and when the repositories start getting moved and will maintain status on the ticket.

1 Like

Hi all, I’m scheduling the archival and move of these repositories for April 30! If you have operational needs directly on those repositories you should fork before then to give yourselves time to iron out any issues. Thanks!

It had a good life. I am shutting down our Open edX instance and our Insights server April 30. Too much coincidence… :wink:

1 Like

We were just waiting on you to finish up. :slight_smile:

1 Like