We are using Azure Media Service xBlock for our DRM protected video. We are using the eucalyptus open edx version.
This xBlock works fine for AES and DRM in PlayReady and Widevine. DRM works fine in Macbook safari and chrome, but it’s not working in Iphone and ipad safari and chrome browser. IOS devices using FairPlay player.
Steps I’m following(Azure portal):
- Upload video on Azure media service
- Add “EncodingAdaptiveStriming” job.
- Add AES encryption for PlayReady and Widevine.
- Add DRM encryption for Fairplay
- Create new component and select “Azure Media Service Video Player”
- Add below details:
- Video Url for AES Protection: published video url on Azure Media Services
- Verification Key for AES: Base64 encoded Verification Key from your Azure Management Portal
- Video Url for DRM: published video url on Azure Media Services
- Verification Key for DRM: Base64 encoded Verification Key from your Azure Management Portal
- Protection Type: “Both” (AES and DRM)
- Token Issuer: http://openedx.microsoft.com/
- Token Scope: urn:xblock-azure-media-services
Please let me know if anyone has solution for this.