Ecommerce: enrollment is not happening in invitation mode

Is this plugin will enroll user automatically after purchase the course from wordpress wocommerce

if something happened between purchase flow and he is not enrolled and payment was done what is option enabled to get them entrolled to the course

Hello @rahul.bhaskar, thanks for your questions. I will answer them:

Is this plugin will enroll user automatically after purchase the course from wordpress wocommerce

Yes, you can see this behavior in the first 5 minutes of this demo.

if something happened between purchase flow and he is not enrolled and payment was done what is option enabled to get them entrolled to the course

When we try to make an enrollment, we create an instance of an object called enrollment request. And you can edit that instance and make manual petitions to the enrollment API in WordPress.
See the demo video after minute 13

But for me enrollment is not happening

I’m working to improve the documentation, but:

If all is working well, we can test the enrollment request automatically. You only need a Product with the Open edX course checkbox and add the course_id and mode in your Open edX platform.

Screenshot: Product data section in a WordPress Product page

Then, when an order with an Open edX course changes to processing, you can see in the Enrollment Requests the request you just made.

Please let me know if you had any problems, and if so, where in the process?

I have download you git repo as zip download and install the plugin

Its showing enrollment request but not enrolling automatically to course in openedx

Particular course I am trying to enroll is invitation only mode enrollment then how can I enrol to that course even is your plugin is not maiking me enroled to the course

Particular course I am trying to enroll is invitation only mode enrollment then how can I enrol to that course even is your plugin is not maiking me enroled to the course

The enrollment in the course with invitation-only mode works differently because the enrollments are closed, and we can’t create enrollments using the enrollment rest API.

Screenshot: Enrollment section in API docs. You can see that section in (your-domain)/api-docs/ e.g., http://local.overhang.io:8000/api-docs/.

The Open edX WooCommerce plugin uses those endpoints, and we can’t create course enrollments in the invitation-only mode.

The way to enroll a student in an invitation-only course is by the membership tab in the instructor view of the course, e.g., http://local.overhang.io:8000/courses/course-v1:edX+DemoX+Demo_Course/instructor#view-membership. When you enroll by that page that calls the endpoint /courses/course-v1:edX+DemoX+Demo_Course/instructor/api/students_update_enrollment, it uses a different type of call.

Why enrollment is not happening then my course is not in invitation mode

@rahul.bhaskar I took the liberty to move your questions to a separate topic, such that your questions don’t interfere with the initial woocommerce topic.

1 Like

Okay I will do

I cant see this api in my list

What version of the platform are you running?

Openedx tutor olive

The EnrollmentAllowed API was only added recently so you won’t find it in older versions of the platform, it will be available in Quince.

is there any option to use quince version in openedx tutor olive through docker file changes

@rahul.bhaskar, the easiest way I know to be able to use those changes is using a custom EDX_PLATFORM_REPOSITORY and EDX_PLATFORM_VERSION in your tutor config.yml.

And you need to backport my PRs (making a git cherry-pick to the commits from your custom branch):

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.