Enabling the Third Party Authentication Feature

Hello,
I am completely new at this. According to this link I have to edit the edx/app/edxapp/lms.yml file. However, when I type the command vim edx/app/edxapp/lms.yml I get a completely blank file and when I try to save the file it throws an error.
“edx/app/edxapp/lms.yml” E212: Can’t open file for writing
Am I doing it wrong?

Hi @tanvir, welcome to the community!!

Config files are protected. You can edit them with sudo vim <filename>.

Thanks for the quick reply @Andres.Aulasneo. I tried to edit it using sudo vim edx/app/edxapp/lms.yml but it still shows the same error. Then I tried the command :w !sudo tee % > /dev/null which I got from this link but it just said that tee: edx/app/edxapp/lms.yml: No such file or directory. So my question is something wrong with the path. I got the path from their documentation so I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

Hi @tanvir. If you’re using tutor to run your Open edX platform, then it may be easier to use a simple tutor plugin to modify the lms.yml file. Here is a tutorial for setting up a new yaml plugin. You can see how someone else has configured their Third Party Auth in this comment.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.