Enrollment emails

What is the best way to send an email to the user immediately after getting enrolled in a self-paced course?

1 Like

Hello @Yaniv_Gershon,

If I talk about the best way, then you should enroll the user in a course from the Membership tab’s Batch Enrollment functionality. Here, make sure that Notify users by email is checked. Once a user is enrolled using this functionality, he/she will receive an enrollment email for the course.

1 Like

Hey @jramnai
Thank you for replying!
I know this option, and It can be useful sometimes, but I actually meant a situation in which I don’t know who will enroll and when.
Do you have any idea about this?

Hello @Yaniv_Gershon,

If this is the case then I guess there is not any default functionality available.

Though you can write your custom code for it, for example on post_save of CourseEnrollment you can send an email to the user.

1 Like

I know this is not exactly what you want. but I think having a look may be helpful.
https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/edx-partner-course-staff/en/latest/manage_live_course/automatic_email.html

@Yaniv_Gershon, the ENROLL_STATUS_CHANGE signal is sent when an enrollment happens. So you can implement a Django plugin app that listens for this signal and sends an email.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.