ERROR: "scormxblock" is an unknown component type. This component will be hidden in LMS

I migrated edx-platform from Ironwood to Palm. After migration, Scorm components showing this error:

ERROR: “scormxblock” is an unknown component type. This component will be hidden in LMS.

What is the output of the following commands?

tutor --version
tutor config printvalue OPENEDX_EXTRA_PIP_REQUIREMENTS
  1. tutor --version
    tutor, version 16.1.6

2. tutor config printvalue OPENEDX_EXTRA_PIP_REQUIREMENTS
    [‘openedx-scorm-xblock>=16.0.0,<17.0.0’]

What about the following command:

tutor local run cms pip freeze | grep scorm

@regis here is the output:
openedx-scorm-xblock==16.0.2

I think I figured it out. The “scormxblock” component type refers to the xblock that was initially developed by Raccoon Gang: GitHub - raccoongang/edx_xblock_scorm: XBlock to display SCORM content within the Open edX LMS. Editable within Open edx Studio. Will save student state and report scores to the progress tab of the course. Currently supports SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 standard.

Since version 3.12.0 (from 4 years ago), we install the xblock from our fork: GitHub - overhangio/openedx-scorm-xblock: SCORM XBlock for Open edX

This forked xblock can be used by adding the “scorm” component type to the enabled xblocks.

If you want to keep running the original Scorm XBlock, I suggest you install the edx_xblock_scorm package in your openedx Docker image:

tutor config save --set OPENEDX_EXTRA_PIP_REQUIREMENTS=["-e git+https://github.com/raccoongang/edx_xblock_scorm.git#egg=edx_xblock_scorm"]
tutor images build openedx
tutor local start -d

Note however that the original edx_xblock_scorm project is no longer maintained, so in the long run you will want to migrate to the new Scorm XBlock.

1 Like

Thank you @regis. I will work on Tutor’s fork of SCORM xblock: GitHub - overhangio/openedx-scorm-xblock: SCORM XBlock for Open edX to make it compatible with Raccoon Gang’s SCORM xblock so that my production’s data is properly migrated to Palm version