Events for when user is enrolled onto a microbachelors program

Hi. Does anyone have any idea if there are any events triggered if a learner enrolls into a program? We would like to know if a user has enrolled onto a course individually or through a program. Or is there any other way I can figure out that the user has enrolled onto the course through the program?

Hey @ajaykrupalk

If we see the article, the way to enroll in a program is to enroll in any course in the program, Hence, objectively I think a user never enrolls in a program, the user will always enroll in a course.

Although if we dig in code we can see there is a ProgramEnrollment model which can be used to trigger a signal.

If you want to look into program enrollment you might as well use the APIs.

This will be available at <your_intance>/api-docs.

Let me know if this helped or you have any follow-up. :slight_smile:

Thank you @farhaanbukhsh We will get back to you if we have any queries.

We have an other query about the programs feature. Our organization doesn’t want to generate separate certificates for each of the individual courses in a program, but just have one single certificate for the whole program. Is there still a way to mark each course complete without a certificate generated for each. If I am not wrong, I think each course is marked complete only if a certificate has been generated.

If the above is not clear, let me give you a simple example. Suppose our program has 7 individual courses, we want only 1 certificate for the whole program.

Please let us know if that is a possibility. Thank you.

@ajaykrupalk From what I can see there is no specific mention of this case in the documentation. But what I can do is suggest few ways you can try solving this problem:

1. Irrespective of course certificates generated, if the user doesn’t complete all the courses in the Program, the Program certificate won’t be issued for the learner. So there isn’t a need to stop generating course certificates instead you can just verify the Program certificate.

2. I have not tried this but you can experiment with just enabling the Program certificate and not activating the course certificate. This scenario is not documented anywhere but technically it shouldn’t work.

Hope I am able to answer your doubts clearly. Let me know if you have any follow-ups here. :slight_smile:

(post deleted by author)