Flow-control-xblock : anyone has experience?

In MOOC GdP We are launching an “on-demand” version of our MOOC and we are working on a system to send mails tailored to the situation of each learner. We were thinking about a complex grade export system linked to SendinBlue, but it seems there is a much simpler solution : flow-control-xblock

It I get it right, this would allow us to :

1. Have learners see different pages at the end of an exam, according to their grade * (“passed” = congrats, take your badge, “not passed” = you have a second try…)

2. But also, through the sendInBlue API (and using the knowledge of the URL visited) to mail a reminder/congrats tailored to the exam result ? In this case do we need to redirect, not to a subsection but to a section, in order to get a different URL?

Anyone has experience of Flow-control-xblock?

Before we move further and install/tes, are there some things to read/know?

References :
https://github.com/eduNEXT/flow-control-xblock
https://www.edunext.co/articles/flow-control-xblock/

Maybe @Felipe or someone from his team can help?

Hey, I’ll ask the core developer of flow-control to take a look at this.

I believe flow-control would let you do both 1 and 2. Specifically about 2 you could create a redirect using the action to redirect to a custom url and use the url of the section/subsection you want + a querystring with extra info you might need for the sendInBlue API.

Thanks Felipe!

Here is were we are on our test server.

So we want to present different pages according to the fact that an exam is passed/failed/no attempted.

We have

What we did:

1. add prerequisite “exam attempted” => if the exam is not attempted, the exam result page won’t show in the first place
  2. use flow-control to check the 70% threshold (the conditional module cannot test such a condition, it can only test “correct” but not a score), so we installed the flow-control X-block
  3. the default page resulat is “failed try again” and the flow-control message (which replaces the “failed try again” page if >70%) is “congrats, get your badge”

important : place the result page on another sub-unit (=after the exam unit), so that it’s loaded after the exam is completed