VPAL is the Vice-Provost for Advances in Learning, which is the umbrella that HarvardX fits under. This position is within the research group that we work with.
A few excerpts from the job description:
- managing the data obtained from online and mixed online and residential courses
- designing, implementing and maintaining scalable software to transform and integrate large complex datasets into a reliable data infrastructure
- work closely with technology partners … to define data requirements, verify data integrity, establish secure workflows for the transfer and storage of this data, and define, prepare, and present datasets
- expected to act as a voice for educational research interests
- The VPAL Research Group is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship
Here’s the link:
Job Opening: VPAL Research Data Engineer
The salary grade is posted on the job description. If you have questions about this group or what it’s like working here, let me know.