How can I find the users data and statistics of my website?

Hi everyone,

I am sorry if this question has been already asked before, but I couldn’t find it on the forum. I’m a fresh beginner, taking the lead on the MOOC platform of the association I’m working for, and I am desperately looking for statistics regarding our visitors and subscribers in 2021. I did check this forum and the help doc before, but I really can’t find a way out, and I’d need these data by the end of the week. One more precision: I’m not a dev at all, and have no specific training in web design, that’s maybe why I’m struggling with this.
If anyone could help, I would really appreciate!

Thanks a lot,

Hi @AtelierMediationCrit

Thank you for asking a question to the Open edX® community. I will try answer your questions but maybe there are other more technical community members who have better answers.

How are you running your Open edX® platform? Are you using a service provider or did you install it yourself?

(1) Visitors: Unfortunately there is no built-in feature to check this. You should setup Google Analytics or a similar tool with your Open edX® site if you want to check this.
(2) Users: You can check your total users in the Admin portal:

Go to your /admin page and go to Authentication and Authorization > Users:

Then scroll down to the bottom to see the total number of users:

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 11.28.03

Moving forward, you should note down the number of total users on a regular basis and you can keep track of it that way too.

2 Likes